Do I Need A Land Line For Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter waveking
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,911

waveking

ISP
Airtel Surf 749
To take the BSNL broadband, will i need to purchase their land line first? I use a cell phone and i dont need a land line 🙁

you don't necessarily need to use their phone connection. i think you can take a zero rental plan. don't connect any instrument. just use the line for broadband. as simple as that. if you don't make any calls, you don't pay for any. you would need the connection and the wires for the broadband connection.

for cable broadband no u don't, but for adsl types(like bsnl, mtnl, airtel etc) u do.......... and as sushubh sed...its upto u if u wanna take any plan with landline or not.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Mar 6 2007, 02:08 AM) [snapback]82246[/snapback]
you don't necessarily need to use their phone connection. i think you can take a zero rental plan. don't connect any instrument. just use the line for broadband. as simple as that.

if you don't make any calls, you don't pay for any. you would need the connection and the wires for the broadband connection.[/b]

Sorry, I am not very sure how this works, but if i need a telephone line for the net, wont i nr\eed to dial to the service provider, like we used to do in dial-up ages? That means, phone cost and the age old problems of the telephone line. Phone line noise etc.....or am i wrong?

NO, dialer wud be used but this is different...its abroadband buddy, telephone line is not in use when u're surfing.....thats wot adsl is all bout 🙂broadband and telephone calls r separate ....call not used while surfing net

Zero rental plans are not available in BSNL . we can
opt for UL900 plus broadband plan in which phone
rental can be zero . downloading speed is 256kbps .

pls see more details at dataone tariff on BSNL site