A Letter To Dayanidhi Maran For Unlmited 2mbps Access

chewinggumking

Chewer of Gum
ISP
MTNL
Hello people.

I used this link Contact D. Maran to send Mr. Dayanidhi Maran a letter about getting 2 mbps on 590 NU and unlimited plans.

It would be really nice if all the guys on this forum who want the same can back me up and send him something to the same effect. I'll copy the text of the message below.

Cheers

Chew

Dear Mr. Maran

I have been a MTNL Triband subscriber on the 590 NU plan for just about a year now. I must say as far as uptime and service MTNL has cracked the formula for a Top Tier Broadband Service Provider. I highly commend your ministry and MTNL on this achievement.

Now on to my grievance. MTNL has started an unlimited plan in the NCR/New Delhi area for all its subscribers but Mumbai subscribers haven't got the same option. Mumbai subscribers are willing to shift to the unlimited plan but we just don't have the option. Why this step motherly treatment for Mumbaikars. Please correct this anomaly as soon as you possibly can, like within this month. You will be thanked profusely by all Mumbai MTNL subscribers.

My other grievance has to do with Bandwidth allocation. Since you announced 2 mbps services for all you forgot to say that people who really use the net. The 590 NU plan users and unlimited users were left out in the cold. Seriously sir, What was that about? Do you want to just pay lip servie to the GREAT BROADBAND INITIATIVE. Well then you've achieved your goal. Lip serivice has been noted. The cruelty of the whole exercise was that 590NUand unlimited people were given a taste of 2 mbps and then it was yanked away. It was like waving a buffet in front of a starving man and then shutting the door on him when he wants to eat. That is just not done. We would like to be part of your so called "Year of Broadband."

I hope this message reaches you Mr. Maran. I don't know if it will but I sure had to try.

It's no use dude. Almost all active members of this forum have sent mails to Mr. Dayanidhi Maran. I don't think he ever even opens them.

i feel the only way to contact him and make him actually hear and understand ur grievance is to fix a meeting with him by calling up his office and taking an appointment.How many of us would be willing to do that?

QUOTE(cyberwiz @ Mar 5 2007, 07:46 PM) [snapback]82216[/snapback]
i feel the only way to contact him and make him actually hear and understand ur grievance is to fix a meeting with him by calling up his office and taking an appointment.[/b]

And hope that he believes that we need an unlimited 2 Mbps connection because we are so crazy about Linux distros with no interest whatsoever in P2P 😀

i think u send after 2007 ie. in 2008.... b/s still ppl dont get "upto 2 mbps speed"

Upto 2 mbps speed available from 1st Jan,2007....but i think it will fully workable at the end of 2007....

so dont waste time in discussing 2 mbps speed now..... b/s it req. huge capital and equipments...

and still many-many parts of India dont get upto 2 mbps speed.... only in metros , some parts get 2 mbps speed....

so either stick to 256/512 unlimited connection upto Diwali or enjoy 2 to 8 unlimited 2mbps speed (if u get!!).....

QUOTE(chewinggumking @ Mar 5 2007, 05:13 PM) [snapback]82205[/snapback]
Please correct this anomaly as soon as you possibly can, like within this month. You will be thanked profusely by all Mumbai MTNL subscribers.[/b]
:lol:

Hey all this is the step taken by one of the serious broadband uses, He showed up his interest for Night unlimited and unlimited users. We should appreciate him. whether It may or may not be responded. Most of the serious users have already written emails and other methods of communicating him. who know when Mr IT Minister will get fed of all these things and provide us 2 MBPS.But also on other hands we should wait for some time today or tomorrow we will be getting good speeds. these are the PSUs which take a step ahead by providing 256 KBPS speed otherwise we all know other private cheaters offering 64 and 128 KBPS at same price tage before MTNL and BSNL entered into broadband

Why waste Time in Writing letters to MTNL insted read some ebooks on How to hack DSL Networks Come on man HAck THen Planet!No Offence to any one!

there's no harm in sending a mail....but it's a 100% surelty that he would'nt even care to read it....lol

ha forget 2 mbps, I would be happy with a 256 kbps always up, dedicated speed connection. Anyway all these petitions are a waste of time. When sarkar decides, it will decide hahaa

Let us all call up Shubhendu, tell him that we have unlimited plans, and even then ask him to upgrade us to 2 Mbps. If he refuses, tell him to forward our request to higher, decision taking authorities, or ask for their numbers. Post them here.I don't think their is any point hiding Shubhendu's number anymore, almost all active users in this forum know his number already. So for new users, who don't know his number, it is --------------This is to speed up the process.@SushubhRemove the number if you feel it is against forum rules, though I feel it is okay NOW.

how would it be if we spam his cell phone so much that he eventually wil give a 2mbps plan out of frustration?? 😀but even if we do get a 2mbps unlimited plan, i guess the cost would be way too high. 🙁