Zone Alarm Shows 80,000 Intrusions. Help !

• Thread starter Thread starter amit_dp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,835

amit_dp

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Hi All, There is this weired thing happening with me. I have 2 Broadbands Tataindicom and BSNL. For Tata i use a Motorola Surfboard Cable modem and for BSNL i use D-Link DSL-502T Router. Whenever I use my TataIndicom connection, Zonealarm starts showing lot of incomming Intrusions being blocked. Currently it shows almost 80,000 intrusions being blocked, and almost 3000 of which are high rated. These Intrusions go increasing rapidly (you can imagine the rate, 80,000 intrusions in couple of days) . However, when i use my BSNL connection, there are no new intrusions being reported and as soon as i connect to Tata again, the intrusion start increasing.I'm not sure how to upload images with posts, otherwise i wud have supplied a screenshot too.Please suggest what shld i do.Amit

zonealarm's firewall is a lil too strong it blocks every damn thing........i wud say change to another fw.

QUOTE(mystery_inc18 @ Mar 5 2007, 01:00 PM) [snapback]82178[/snapback]
zonealarm's firewall is a lil too strong it blocks every damn thing........i wud say change to another fw.[/b]

ya ur right ... However the question still stands ... Why so much intrusions on Tata and not a single one on BSNL .. ??

Maybe since Tataindicom connection give your PC a live,public IP. With BSNL, its your DSL modem that might be getting public ip and your PC might be getting a private IP (like 192.168.1.2)

maybe add tata indicom to trusted zone.
else can always disable the alerts!
which version of ZA using?

QUOTE(amitD @ Mar 5 2007, 12:02 PM) [snapback]82169[/snapback]
Hi All,
Whenever I use my TataIndicom connection, Zonealarm starts showing lot of incomming Intrusions being blocked.

However, when i use my BSNL connection, there are no new intrusions being reported and as soon as i connect to Tata again, the intrusion start increasing.

Please suggest what shld i do.
Amit[/b]

1. What is the mode in which each of the modems is working? ppoe or bridge?
2. Related questions: in each of the connections, what is the IP address of your computer? You can find this by opening the command terminal (Start->Run...->"cmd" and press OK). In the command terminal, type "ipconfig" and press enter and your IP info. will be shown.

QUOTE(amitD @ Mar 5 2007, 02:36 PM) [snapback]82192[/snapback]
ya ur right ... However the question still stands ... Why so much intrusions on Tata and not a single one on BSNL .. ??[/b]

may coz our adsl router has a built in firewall and may be ur motorola modem does'nt.

QUOTE(mystery_inc18 @ Mar 6 2007, 02:37 AM) [snapback]82254[/snapback]
may coz our adsl router has a built in firewall and may be ur motorola modem does'nt.[/b]

6,20,978 is mine if you like post a mine zone alarm screenshot.
actually Its a time process how time connected your net and how type of site you surf if you surf crack, illegal softwares then definately they incresing hugely.