I Want To Shift To Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter santan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3,122

santan

I am using BSNL Broadband from the past 1 month. I am not satisfied with it as it stops in between during evening time. Now I want to shift to Airtel Broadband. I want to know that will BSNL Modem (UT-300R2U) (which I purchased from BSNL) will also work for Airtel Broadband or I have to purchase another modem from Airtel.

Haven't you been paying attention to all the ranting in this forum? People will give an arm and a leg to switch over to BSNL, and you want to switch to Airtel?You will have to be content with limited speeds of around 256 if you want an unlimited account and even the limited account dont have high speeds. The 2mbps connections haven't been officially announced and it doesn't look like thats going to happen in the near future.Frequent disconnections could be caused by faulty wiring or modem. I remember a friend having the same problem once, which was resolved by changing some sleep setting on the modem.

UT300R2U is reported to be a stable modem . if configured in a
correct way then it is supposed to work without any problems .

Assuming that the modem is not faulty , pls check configuration
and complain to local BSNL exchange if necessary .

see : http://www.calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/mdm02.html

And this modem also works for Airtel . There is no need for a new
modem if you shift to Airtel .

QUOTE(seshu @ Mar 4 2007, 01:22 PM) [snapback]82099[/snapback]
UT300R2U is reported to be a stable modem . if configured in a
correct way then it is supposed to work without any problems .

Assuming that the modem is not faulty , pls check configuration
and complain to local BSNL exchange if necessary .

see : http://www.calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/mdm02.html

And this modem also works for Airtel . There is no need for a new
modem if you shift to Airtel .[/b]

Thanks for your reply
Actually the modem seems to be good as the internet works fine in the morning & in the afternoon. But in the evening the connection do not disconnect but the ADSL light on the modem start blinking every minute and then the internet stops working while the ADSL is blinking. It keeps blinking in the whole evening & night. I have reported this problem to the BSNL people. They are not listening properly to it.

QUOTE(mrcreativity @ Mar 4 2007, 01:08 PM) [snapback]82097[/snapback]
Haven't you been paying attention to all the ranting in this forum? People will give an arm and a leg to switch over to BSNL, and you want to switch to Airtel?[/b]

i wud strongly disagree !!!!! airtel rox !!! hv'nt personally used bsnl, neither do i want to ......

QUOTE(santan @ Mar 4 2007, 12:21 PM) [snapback]82090[/snapback]
I am using BSNL Broadband from the past 1 month. I am not satisfied with it as it stops in between during evening time. Now I want to shift to Airtel Broadband. I want to know that will BSNL Modem (UT-300R2U) (which I purchased from BSNL) will also work for Airtel Broadband or I have to purchase another modem from Airtel.[/b]
You have to program the Ut-300R2U for Airtel. open 192.168.1.1. User name admin Password utstar.
Then follow Airtel handbook instructions for user ID password etc.
Wait for some more time as Airtel may come with better plans for Rs 250/- Home plan. ( 256 Kb)
Rs 250/- ( 400 Mb ) plus Night ( 2100 to 0800 )surfing Unlimited For Rs 99 P.M
matches Dataone's 250 Home plan for extra 100 rupees.
speed usually around 25 Kb to 30 Kb/sec.
I used FireFox with Adblockplus and stretched the download to 1 GB during daytime .
Because of the 1 speed advantage of Dataone 2 download/upload usage data posted in the Status bar by DataFox
I am disconnecting Airtel. BB now. . .....
( Airtel insists/wants application/ Photo/Photo identity/a visit to their office to allow you to check your own BB Usage online at their website !)

( Airtel insists/wants application/ Photo/Photo identity/a visit to their office to allow you to check your own BB Usage online at their website !)[/b]
🤔 🤔 ......din get it 🤔

What he is saying is that for the "My Airtel" feature on Airtel's site one must fill up a form and give photo identity etc..., before you can actually even register for it. Earlier it was just straight forward registration with no such non-sense.

QUOTE(mystery_inc18 @ Mar 19 2007, 01:50 AM) [snapback]83782[/snapback]
🤔 🤔 ......din get it 🤔[/b]
IN Chennai : For about three months ( from JULY 2006) on my request/s they were sending me usage details by e mail as the server/s were being
updated.
Then I was told about the conditions. to check my usage directly
Online .My argument that this is not required for BB users , was not
agreed to by Airtel. and said the facility will be misused,and said
it is MANDATORY for all. Even offered to come and collect my application
in my house ! I am not supposed to quote reproduce their email/s to me
anywhere else ! If available I will forward it to you if this reply does not clarify the position.

QUOTE(Karan_S @ Mar 19 2007, 10:18 AM) [snapback]83799[/snapback]
What he is saying is that for the "My Airtel" feature on Airtel's site one must fill up a form and give photo identity etc..., before you can actually even register for it. Earlier it was just straight forward registration with no such non-sense.[/b]
Thank you for clearing the doubt. I have refused their offer to register me ,
by coming to my house, and told them, to withdraw the conditions for ALL BB users.
and that these conditions may be required for Cellphone users
( Majority of whom even don't own a computer ) to identify them.A prepaid user does not need this facility.
Post-paid users may use it . I am not sure, what details are provided in their bills.
A BroadBand user checks his usage to avail free quota for the month etc.
Anybody else , able to access , using my ID and password , my usage page,GETS NO useful information, other than my
sleeping time surfing pattern !
When I told about Dataone, Airtel claimed that this is being enforced by TRAI and other ISP's have to follow suit.

I don't call Cc on phone. They call me !!!

Well actually the My Airtel facility is quite good in one way, that when you register your complaint, the comment registered/put up by the CC shows up there too. Once the stupid CC guy registered my problem of being unable to connect as a password enquiry and closed it there and then. Had i not seen it, i would have wasted my time thinking they were looking into the problem, when no such thing would have been done. Apart from that it serves me no purpose as i have an unlimited connection, no usage details to check whatsoever.