In Bridge Mode No Automatic Reconnection

nuclearsam

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 31, 2007
Hi,i m using Bridge mode to connect to internet. i m facing a problem that if the connection is lost, windows do not reconnect it automatically, it keeps on showing that connection is alive, then i have to manualy disconnect and then connect it again to get online again....but when i was not in bridge mode the router used to connect again automatically if the connection was lost in between...is there any way that windows also check wether the connection is alive or not and reconnect if the connection is lost.... plz helphasta la vista Sam

boygr8

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 3, 2005
Yes, thats the only drawback of Bridge Mode. And its a big drawback.Thats why Now i use PPoE mode(the regular one).

boygr8

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 3, 2005
Amish u perhaps didnt understand the problemIts a problem when ,modem loses sync and re syncs.But windows is not able to recognize. so u have to manually reconnect

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
windows will detect that after abt some 2mins. because PPP ECHO REQUEST wud not get REPLY.

cyberwiz

Regulars
Mar 11, 2005
Delhi
u shld check why ur modem loses sync coz thats not normal..i havent lost sync for the last 3-4 months

boygr8

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 3, 2005
I was losing sync quite often bcoz of static on my line. Get red of static.

baudhayan

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 20, 2005
Mumbai
QUOTE(Apoorv Khatreja @ Mar 3 2007, 12:12 PM) [snapback]81971[/snapback]
@ boygr8

How do I get rid of static?[/b]

BTW...after ur modem re-synchs windows does not detect it instantaneously but after some time - as rightly pointed out by Amish. As soon as windows detects loss of synch it immediately disconnects. WINDOWS DIALER ITSELF PROVIDES U WITH AN OPTION TO RECONNECT AFTER A CONNECTION DROPS DUE TO SOME PROBLEMS IN THE LINE. It also has the option to set the number of times windows shud retry to connect. I am having this problem of sudden disconnection for abt a month or so & hence I've set my windows dialer to reconnect it as soon as line drops & also try for 10 consecutive attempts.