• Thread starter Thread starter nuclearsam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,611

nuclearsam

Regulars
ISP
MTNL, Airtel, Excitel, Jio Fibre
Hi,i m using Bridge mode to connect to internet. i m facing a problem that if the connection is lost, windows do not reconnect it automatically, it keeps on showing that connection is alive, then i have to manualy disconnect and then connect it again to get online again....but when i was not in bridge mode the router used to connect again automatically if the connection was lost in between...is there any way that windows also check wether the connection is alive or not and reconnect if the connection is lost.... plz helphasta la vista Sam

Yes, thats the only drawback of Bridge Mode. And its a big drawback.Thats why Now i use PPoE mode(the regular one).

Amish u perhaps didnt understand the problemIts a problem when ,modem loses sync and re syncs.But windows is not able to recognize. so u have to manually reconnect

u shld check why ur modem loses sync coz thats not normal..i havent lost sync for the last 3-4 months

I was losing sync quite often bcoz of static on my line. Get red of static.

QUOTE(Apoorv Khatreja @ Mar 3 2007, 12:12 PM) [snapback]81971[/snapback]
@ boygr8

How do I get rid of static?[/b]

BTW...after ur modem re-synchs windows does not detect it instantaneously but after some time - as rightly pointed out by Amish. As soon as windows detects loss of synch it immediately disconnects. WINDOWS DIALER ITSELF PROVIDES U WITH AN OPTION TO RECONNECT AFTER A CONNECTION DROPS DUE TO SOME PROBLEMS IN THE LINE. It also has the option to set the number of times windows shud retry to connect. I am having this problem of sudden disconnection for abt a month or so & hence I've set my windows dialer to reconnect it as soon as line drops & also try for 10 consecutive attempts.

no its not reconnecting or infact not disconnecting after losing sync.....i waited for almost 10 min but windows didnt detected that the sync is lost..... and i have also chkd the reconnect if line is dropped option but the problem is that it do not drop line even if sync is lost....is there any way so that windows keeps on chkng that if the connection is alive or not and if there is no sync it reconnects......

2 options for u-1) Find out why its losing sync. In my case it was static noise on line, so I got it corrected.U have to complaint to MTNL/BSNL for that. It cud also be due bad SNR/attenuation or simply an old telephone wire with lots of loose joints .2) Use PPPoE mode(thats what I do). Atleast it reconnects within a few secs automatically. My problem got largely solved when static noise was removed.Plus I use PPoE