Calling All North Airtel Users..

• Thread starter Thread starter xxbomb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 6,080
thanks a lot @ Sushubh 🙂 ... really appreciate it..

QUOTE(Goku @ Mar 1 2007, 11:34 AM) [snapback]81691[/snapback]
@ Karan.. we need the screenshots of the traceroute to mail the airtel peeps and show them tht we have checked it and tht it is genuine and not just something tht we r saying. When we contacted them they said they r unable to find out the prob and therefore needed screenshots of the traceroutes from airtel customers who r getting good pings to check and c wher the actual problem is occuring.[/b]

If you followed the link i had given above and done the line quality test, you would have been able to see which router en route to you is lossy(dropping packet), usually the cause of high pings. After the test you get a link to that test which you did, you can mail that link to the Airtel guys so they can see it for themselves. 🙂

Of course, that test is helpful if you are getting high pings to all IPs. If it is only that IP then its a different matter.

Thx a lot Susubh!! 🙂@Karan.. thx for the info.. will do tht too and send them the link along with the screenshots posted here 🙂

will it help if ppl with other connections also post their pings? cuz.. well.. bsnl uses airtel's gateway or something.. so.. maybe that could help? n.. the surfing kinda is really slow here in bangalore

@nightwolf.. nope it wont help.. we need screenshots of airtel isp customers only.. anyways thx a lot for willing to help.. i appreciate it 🙂

QUOTE(Goku @ Mar 2 2007, 06:25 PM) [snapback]81865[/snapback]
thx a lot real_india 🙂[/b]
we are happy to say that the latency is fixed for good here...

I was waiting to confirm from all my frnds across bangalore..
All has been fixed,,apparently they had been using 2 gateways...1 was through Singtel of Singapore ,, , ,but after the Dec - earthquake they changed to some alternate gateway(dunno which ) , & they din revery back..

But after the continuous requests .. they finally put us back to the singtel route..

Thnx to all who helped us here..

im now ~60 to sg servers , ~100 to Hong-Kong & malaysian servers..😀 🙄

Airtel People care for their clients alright..🙂