Bad Commentery in Formula 1

evader143

[OP]
May 11, 2005
Lately we see our indian friend "SERRNIVASAN" trying to show off his skills and knowledge about Formula 1 on ESPN-STAR soprts broadcast of FORMULA 1.However i have to say that and alot of ppl may agree with me that he is a pathetic commentator, and why the **** do thay have to bring up a southindian commentator, just because an Indian reached F1 does not mean that these guys should tamilize the commentry on the Channel ,apparently this A-hole just knows Michael Shumacher this... Michael Schumacher.. that.....Dissapointing.... blah blah crap.Its really not worth watching a tamil commentator commenting something which he learnt 5 days back, I hope so that there would be similar people finding boring to watch f1 with a tamil commenator.

NeXgeN

Regulars
Apr 16, 2005
Mumbai
it is to attract more viewers from tamil nadu. it is a good move but they shuld get a good tamil F1 speaker. its just a mercy commentary coz they havent found any good tamil commentator. but no probs here ...we get awesome english commentary.

evader143

[OP]
May 11, 2005
Agreed the commentry in english is AweSOme and perhaps one of the best, but wht The **** does my cable operator put us on the tamil stuff..Damn the opeartor!!

bugatti

Regular
Regulars
Dec 10, 2004
For about 10 min, my cable operator(or incable) put the tamil broadcast. I was so ready to break my cable operator's, incable, espnstar's legs. Fortunately, after 10 min it all went back to normal. Seriously, I pity those who had to listen to that shitty commentary throughout the race. I don't care where you live in In, formula1 should be broadcast in english only.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
heh. that happened around the world i guess. :) i was furious as well... just as the race was about to start, it got into english... thank god for small mercies. ;)

iBrood

Feb 15, 2006
I think ESPN/Star's commentary is very inacurate. Steve Slater used to make some really absurd fuel predictions all the time, before they started officialy displaying it.

waterloo_sunset

Regulars
Aug 26, 2005
New Delhi
I agree with u on Slater. the guy doesn't know what he's talkin abt most of the time and comes up with wild explanations and predictions and poor Chris Goodwin is left trying to rescue the situation :p I don't think they'll bother with Tamil commentary this time around btw.

ronscores

Regulars
Mar 25, 2005
I had that annoying Tamil-guy-who-knows-nothing-about-F1 too..Thankfully, I switched channels ! :p

leomax

FraudBand
Regulars
Oct 26, 2005
me too agree you guys on that slater guy.Now a days star sports is more intrested to show us more ad's than f1.They are buying money from us to see thier damn channel and its full of ads (often they miss events at thier ad-time) ,they dont even show the full after race interviews.Id love to have a channel which show practice sessions too like in other countries.

waterloo_sunset

Regulars
Aug 26, 2005
New Delhi
Pay channels shouldn't be allowed to show ads for more than 5 minutes an hour in my opinion.And i couldn't agree more abt ESPN/Star Sports. They've got their priorities all wrong. They'd rather show a Bangladesh-Zimbabwe test match than live football matches or MotoGP races or any other sports for that matter. Even their World Cup build up and analysis shows sucked. They should've had John Dykes n co rather than bringing in ppl like Harsha Bhogle who didn't know what he was talkin abt (did improve later on) and never missed an opportunity to make references to cricket leaving the other panel members confused......and that Noel De something fool who spoke utter crap with such authority i felt like strangling him sometimes. The only competent guy on the panel was Gerry Armstrong.