ACT Fibernet Chennai Reviews

• Thread starter Thread starter idrisanqelz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 117,229
I have managed to talk to an ACT person and found that their service is unavailable in my area :-( . Being located in one of the central place, it's a pity/shame that my area is not considered for proving service. The response from that person is that, my area is surrounded by IIT, CLRI. CPT and other Central Government organizations. So, they do not want to run their service in this area. :-( ... But there is good demand for Broadband in my area. 2 month back BSNL has replaced their Cable to provide a reliable service due to increasing demand for BB connections.

Hope and wish ACT will act soon to cover our area too !!!

Hi all.

I am using Airtel Broadband , dissatisfied by service and performance (speed) decided to look for better service provider. I am interested in Act Fibernet internet however overall review and feedback posted in FB and Tech forums are not positive. Users in and around Besant Nagar , please let me know your feedback so that I can make a wise decision.

Hello All,

Adding to the above point, this network is highly unreliable.

Most of the times you lose connection and adding to the customer care service it goes into pain.

The customer services is provided only from 9AM to 9PM and if I have to do my office work at nite and when netwok goes at that time it is really hectic...

You know what, I have a back up for network 🙁, I got one more reliance data card for such occurances...

I am using this connection for few months(chennai) and I do see disconnection in the network often and when I call the customer care I get really pisssed of.. I get a reply from them that the I am calling out of their business hours.. They dont even have a curticy to activate the voice call to get to us back.

I do get a felling that they are not even bothered about the customers...

If some one from ACT sees this comment try to increase your reliablility, else even though your speed is more we see a pain when we really need the network.. and I will be forced to get a network which is highly reliable

Regards,
Nandha

Last edited:
Yes I agree 100% ACT customer service sucks the guys are rude. I moved in to my new apartment and based on the feedback from couple of my friends I tried to opt for ACT. Being new to my apartment I have not changed my communication address of any of my bank accounts yet. The ACT guys asked for a copy my sale deed and I told them that I cannot give the complete sale deed copy as that will have lot of other info including financials and gave them a copy which has my name and address along with this i gave a copy of my driving licence (old address) and copy of my PAN card.I asked them what exactly are they expecting from the sale deed, instead of explaining me on what exactly they are looking for address proof they were rude enough to tell me that the connection cannot be given if the sale deed copy is not given.

They came did the ground work and fixed the box in the car park area of my apartment and said that they will consume power from my connection and they will credit Rs.50 every month for that. I asked where is the meter for me to check whether the power used by ACT is worth only Rs.50 every month ????....you guys guess what reply I would have got ......

After installing the box at the ground floor the guy came up to my floor and said they will temporarily give connection and come the next day for giving concealed connection...I told them to come the next day itself for concealed connection and no need to any temporary connection. After 5 mins another guy came and said if it's concealed it would be at my cost and ACT will not do concealed wiring...I called one of my friend who recommended ACT and asked if I have to pay for concealed wiring...he said the ACT guys did concealed wiring in his apartment.

One guy called me on Sunday night 9pm and said he is calling me from ACT and whether he come to give connection at that time.

Till now I haven't got the connection and they have taken the money already. I am not sure if i had made the right decision. Let's see anyway I have options. One of friend said he has BSNL fibrenet which is very good and cheaper that ACT Fibrenet. I thin BSNL guys have improved quite a lot.

I think these ACT guys are pushing the limits which may force to go legal.

Hi all.

I am using Airtel Broadband , dissatisfied by service and performance (speed) decided to look for better service provider. I am interested in Act Fibernet internet however overall review and feedback posted in FB and Tech forums are not positive. Users in and around Besant Nagar , please let me know your feedback so that I can make a wise decision.
Airtel Mobile / broadband service going down the drain...

Bsnl fibernet is not good for gaming. letme know if you are not facing any issues 😀

I'm leaving in old palavaram, any chance of getting ACT in this area,I can see thay have presence in madipakam which is not far from my location.

Dear Sir,
I'll be shifting soon to Kodambakkam. I'am considering going in for ACT. Kindly give phone nos of Mr Nagoorkani & Mr Riyaz & also your updated feedback on ACT. I'am currently using Tikona in Perungalathur. Of late, Tikona has become very unreliable, goes off every now & then, earlier it was good. Waiting for your feedback. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Sir,
KIndly give the phone nos of Mr Nagoor Kani & Mr Riyaz & also your updated, latest feedback on ACT in Chennai. What has been your experience with ACT till now? Thanks

I gave a request for shifting my connection to my new apartment which is hardly 300 meters from my current house. They don't even respond its been a night mare for past 8 days not even a single call asking about my request. I am using this connection for almost 1 yrs 6 months as long as the connection is working fine its ok but, if we place a request they don't even care. I think of switching back to airtel since they offered me some good plans in the same area with unlimited calls. My request id no - 5594310

Dear Kihtrak,

we have tried calling you, but were unable to get connected. We request you to share your alternative contact number or a favourable time to get in touch with you

Warm Regards,
ACT Fibernet