ACT Fibernet Chennai Reviews

• Thread starter Thread starter idrisanqelz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 117,211
I am earnestly looking for act fibernet... I am living in Sowcarpet and they haven't installed act lines here if so pls mention when r u planning to do that as I am eagerly waiting for a highspeed net one.. Plus I purchased a Netgear router so tell me will act support my router and above all when is act coming to Sowcarpet pls rep asap

Me and my friends are staying in Egmore and chetpet area in Chennai. We have been waiting for a long time for ur fibernet. So pls give feasibility to our area. There's lot of people waiting for ur coverage in this area. Pls inform when ur planned to do.

I got ACT fibernet set up in my parents house and have been using since the last 10 months. They were very good initially when needed installation and set up (sales tactic?) As my parents are not that tech savy I overlooked the installation process while I was there on my holiday (I live abroad) .. After 6 months the internet started showing problems. The connection would drop off for 4-5 hours a day and sometimes days in a row. Each time we complained they would ask us to restart router etc which never worked. They would say they will send someone to check and no one showed up. When I called to check to follow up on the engineer, the guy at the customer service said your internet is working now call us when it is not working! I had to make him open the call records and see that I had called only earlier in the day when the internet was not working and the complaint was about the internet connect being lost for 4-5 hours! I had to literally force him to take down another complaint!

Finally a service engineer shows up at the house and tells my parents that there was something wrong with the Netgear router! This is after the customer service who I spoke to on the phone had told me that there was a problem with the connection on their end and they will fix it. This time as I wasn't home and my mom who has no clue about how this stuff works. The engineer told her the router is not working and took it away to get it checked. The router check out and was all ok. This was a day lost in a needless process. There was obviously no communication between the back office who I complained to and who did the orginal diagnostic check and the engineer cause he was sent in blind without any background information.

Finally they figure out the problem and fix it. But then the connection started dropping again a few days later. Again we had to call and leave a complaint. This time it took us around 10 calls to them to actually get someone to come. The engineer came late in the evening, did something and said he fixed it but in the process changes the wifi name and messed up the netgear extender configuration.

Next day the connection dropped again. This time the guy showed up pretty quick on calling them. This guy, their service engineer (Malleswaran I think his name was) had no clue as to what he was doing. And engineer who cant do basic fixing! I asked him to set up the netgear router and the extender as they were before because the previous engineer of theirs had messed up the config and then to do a speed test to check if I am getting the 60 mbps that I am paying for. He refused to check it on the wifi and that he would only check it on the lan cable because wifi will have reduced speed. I told him no I have a wifi router with a capacity to run a 100mbps connection and that I had check the speed on it in the past to accuracy without there being any significant difference between lan and wifi speed. He argued and refused to check the internet speed. He said the extender should be kept in the same room as the router and not another room. Excuse me? The extender in meant to be kept elsewhere to extend the range of the wifi speed. If I am having to explain such basics to a internet service engineer you can imagine the kind of service I was receiving and also makes it obvious why the problem has persisted for months with out a permanent solution! I think many will agree that this problem is not limited to ACT but with most internet providers where the engineers have no clue about technology and how to make it work. They don't think on their feed or have any diagnostic knowledge.

I was hoping ACT was better because of the kind of service they provided initially but the standards have dropped and their ability to fix a simple problem to the only service they provide - INTERNET, is just abysmal. On top of that I am paying my monthly bills regularly but not getting the the internet service that am paying for!

Last edited:
I had ACT connection in velachery nehru nagar before 1 month, speed was good. As I shifted to near by street in same area, I raised shifting request through customer care. Nobody came to check the feasibility in my street, and simply closed the request as no feasibility in my street. After that I raised request for new connection, then one sales person came to my home , he checked and found the box and port is available in my nearby apartment. he told that if amount paid today then tomorrow connection will be given. I don't know why port is available only for new connection and not for old connection shifting.

Hi

I currently have my connection at Indira nagar, Adyar and now I'm moving to Triplicane. For the existing connection, I have given the rental agreement as proof. But since I'm moviing to a pg in triplicane, I don't have a rental agreement with me. When raised the same to the ACT CC, the person asked for 3 month bank statements . I wonder how that can be taken as identity/ address proof. I'm not a native of chennai and the only Chennai proof I have with me is the office ID.

Whether ppl here faced any similar situation?

Is it right for ISP's to collect bank statements from customers?

Please help me.

thanks .

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will look into it.

Warm Regards,
ACT Fibernet

ACT started Cheating
HI I am an ACT customer for past 1 year. Initially the internet connection was good. But now they started saying my FUP limit (50GB) has gone in just 2 days. To be noticed last month I wasnt at my home and my router was switched off. But I got a message saying in 2 days saying my FUP limit is crossed and asked me to topup. They are really cheating now, as they got more customers now. Guys please stop them....

Dear Sir,

Please share your Customer ID or registered contact number and we will get back to you.

Warm Regards,
ACT Fibernet

The ACT Fibernet service providers has the worst ever maintenance, wherein we have to be ready with a backup of another provisional internet solution in order to have access to the internet all the time 24/7.

unscheduled maintenance irritates a lot, no internet service more than 5 times in a month. Too much annoying network service by technicians. i refer not to go for ACT presently.

Dear Chinmay,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please share your Customer ID or registered contact number and we will get back to you.

Warm Regards,
ACT Fibernet

Guys I currently living in bangalore and i have been using act fibernet for a really long time now. I had no problems few months back but recently since 6 months , i have been facing problems like internet speed being really slow ,customer care service being horrible and not fixing anything at all. I am having second thoughts about changing my isp also. Please help me by giving a solution or alternatives for act fibernet connections

My Updates on ACT Fibernet : Bought it almost a week ago. I am trying to download something but when i download , it is downloading at the speed of 237kbps only!!!! The day when ACT fibernet was installed, my download speed was 3-4mbps and i download 5 gb game in 30mins

But now for download 1.5 gb its take 1hour 45mins!!

Seriously , is ACT Fibernet a scam??

At the same time , just to verify i went to speedtest.net and checked my speed it was 20-25mbps download speed and 10 mbps upload speed.(My plan is 40mbps and 75gb usage.) Please help me with this problem.

We pay for the internet please stop this speed issue.

Hi sometimes the internet download speed depends on the hosted server . The rated download/upload speeds are the maximum speeds supported by your plan but it may not guarantee that you will be able to download from all the websites at the same speed. Some server may host files with download speeds like 2 Mbps. Even if you have 100 MBps speeds your broadband will only download it at 2 Mbps at max.

How good is ACT Fibernet in madipakkam/ S kolathur area ?

What are the charges levied for installation - ?

Currently I have tikona, which is working (not the best but okie atleast) - Planning to shift my house so thinking of either continuing with same tikona in a new location or opting for new internet provider. ACT is already present in madipakkam area - so wanted to know the feedback ?

Thanks