Scared About Installing Skins

Superman

[OP]
Regulars
Jan 8, 2007
ok ive just bought a motorola RIZR z3.....an now the problem is that on one of the sites i saw some very NICE skins for it...now im tempted but at the same time im also scared that if i screw at some step then....firslt ill void my warranty and plus it may permanantly damage it ...........its not even been a munth since ive got it..sooo........:(

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
umm. i dont think u can actually permanently damage it. a good way would be to find a local dude who can unlock the phone to enable it to use third party tools. i plan to do the same with my l7 to run iTunes on it.

vebk

Mr. Advocate
Regulars
Jan 8, 2005
New Delhi
by "skins" you mean replacement faceplates or silicon covers / condoms?

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
i think motorola phones sold in india are locked and are not open to third party applications and setup files.

Superman

[OP]
Regulars
Jan 8, 2007
QUOTE(Sushubh @ Feb 28 2007, 06:06 PM) [snapback]81583[/snapback]
i think motorola phones sold in india are locked and are not open to third party applications and setup files.[/b]

locked ??????......im not quite sure it is...anyways unlocking is quite EASY......but still im not quite sure if i can carry the process all through correctly even though i HAVe read the manual for installling skins using skin manager.!!

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
the first and the last time i tried installing iTunes on my Motorola L7... i failed miserably. dropped the idea.

Superman

[OP]
Regulars
Jan 8, 2007
QUOTE(Sushubh @ Feb 28 2007, 07:14 PM) [snapback]81597[/snapback]
the first and the last time i tried installing iTunes on my Motorola L7... i failed miserably. dropped the idea.[/b]

i guess in case of an l7 i guess ull have to flash or sumthin like dat .... :p ........in da bootloader mode......but newayz.....

cheers