Mumbai: Page not loading problem since 2-3 months?

• Thread starter Thread starter nevillek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 1,970

nevillek

Regular
ISP
MTNL Triband/Hathway
I'm using MTNL Triband in South Mumbai area and since 2-3 months, I'm constantly facing this strange never-happened-before problem where the page doesn't load until I refresh it a few number of times. It is that way for most sites. Sometimes, only the raw format/alphabets get loaded without any formatting and I have to re-refresh it to load correctly. But once loaded, the page works perfectly fine.

I am on the 699 rs. 2mbps/1mbps combo plan, and even considered upgrading, but I doubt that it would solve the issue.

I put several complaints on 198, the lineman visited my place twice, said there's a line problem, fixed it and bam, it started again in a day or two. The MTNL exchange people aren't too helpful either.

I am sick and tired of this and am planning to change to another service if this issue isn't resolved permanently. Everytime the lineman comes to my house, we have to give him 50-100 rs. so it seems he is never going to fix it and wants to keep coming back.

Does anyone know what this problem is and what I should do??

1. What are your line stats and IP series? Have you tried Google DNS?

2. Don't pay the lineman.

Hi x720.. thanks for the reply.. Here's the info:

SNR Margin:10.4/36.2db
Line Attenuation:34.1/18.8db
Data Rate:4319/253kbps
Attainable Rate:8536/1117kbps
POWER:13.3/11.3dbm
CRC:579/0

Also, my IP is 120.61.xxx.xx

No, I didn't try Google DNS yet, but I'll try it now and let you know the results tomorrow.

Also, here are my speedtest.net/pingtest.net results at 4:30 am:

3707296356.png

Last edited:
It seems you have serious issues with your line.
Attenuation rate is very high , it should not exceed more than 25.
Go to your exchange and tell them about your issues.

Xpress Combo Unlimited 699: Rs. 699/2Mbps upto 12GB and 1Mbps afterwards

And I've exceeded my 12GB. It was happening before I did though too.

Do you think changing the plan could solve the issue?

Is there any other problem besides the high attentuation rate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your downstream data rate is set pretty high. 4mbps on a 2mbps plan. Ask them to reduce it to 2048k.

Note: with doing so, you don't get 2mbps exact, but around 1.8mbps or so. But, the stability will improve greatly.

Also, are you using mtnl's modem?

Oh okay thanks. Yeah, I'm using their modem since 3 years now and this problem never used to happen before. I face frequent connection drops too actually, as in, disconnection for 30 seconds and it's back. Certain applications I use cannot afford this disconnection though as they need continuing connectivity.

I guess I'll ask them to change the downstream data rate and attenuation rate. Anything else? Should I upgrade my plan to 2Mbps/18GB? Guess that wouldn't really help though.

Last edited:
Nope. changing plan don't help. Attenuation is a measure of noise in your line, it isn't something that can be 'reduced' per se. For that you would need change your line. Doesn't seem like that's needed at this point.

For now:
1. Ask them to reduce downstream rate. Changing your plan to another 2mbps might also do the trick, if they happen to reassign the speed.

2. If that doesn't fix issues, test with another modem.