Mtnl Blocking Access to VoIP Services?

• Thread starter Thread starter banda
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 14,111
^^ Hong Kong ; ~ 700 HKD ~ 4000 INR ;

QUOTE(netfreak @ Mar 9 2007, 11:17 AM) [snapback]82689[/snapback]
OTOH, 6270 runs Series 60 stack. Basically 6270 and N780 have different hardware but the Same OS.

So, you should be able to find some cool Java / Symbian SIP app to make SIP calls from this phone.

And if you do, then MTNL's unlimited EDGE connection (for ~400 pm) will come in handy as well.[/b]

my mobile doesn't support/install symbian (sis) applications...only java (jar)...found a lot but cudn't find any SIP application for my phone 🙁

QUOTE(jayesh @ Mar 9 2007, 08:59 PM) [snapback]82737[/snapback]
You got it completely wrong my friend...6270 is NOT s60v3! it is based on the s40 code namely S40V3 and will not be able to support a sip client ( unless Nokia builds it into a future release)[/b]

yes it is nota Series 60 phone.

But tthat does not mean it can't have SIP clients. It has EDGE and java. With EDGE, Java clients should be able to make @ ~100 kbps.

An open source client is available at: http://www.mjsip.org/mjsipME.html

Ah thanks for pointing that out.

QUOTE(netfreak @ Mar 10 2007, 06:34 PM) [snapback]82852[/snapback]
yes it is nota Series 60 phone.

But tthat does not mean it can't have SIP clients. It has EDGE and java. With EDGE, Java clients should be able to make @ ~100 kbps.

An open source client is available at: http://www.mjsip.org/mjsipME.html[/b]

this tread has totally veered off the topic so most will not understand why i am posting this here but just an fyi:..after a million failed attempts to log in my pap2 to a vsp i finally made up my mind that it had to be something at mtnl's end... so i just put in all the settings that i knew to be correct and left my pap2 ... day before yesterday somehow pap2 logged in and the led lit up... (at this point i leaped in joy, banged my head on the pelmet , had the curtain along with its rod fall on my head and passed out in the agony of happiness) [err i made that up just for extra reading pleasure] but anyways now somehow i m able to connect to any vsp i want without any trouble.!! so it WAS something wrong at mtnl .. thanks to all who replied and tried to prove otherwise :blink: .... but thanks anyway. 😉

Lol i still say if you are able to ping to sip address then no prob from mtnl.Also how is the pelmet now 😛 !

Hello..My name is Shabbir.I've been using mtnl triband since 3 years n have recently got their voip connection.I have been using a Nokia e65, n have configured it with other voip's (eg. voipraider) with its inbuilt sip client, n i wana configure mtnl's voip too, on my mobile. Could anyone kindly send me the server/proxy settings?Awaiting ur reply to the earliestthank you guys! 🙂

Now is the 3G policy announced in india We expect to launch EVDO service dfrom MTNL Unlimited speed for nominal sum ....