Best place to invest Rs. 15-20 lakhs

ISP
Jio
So this is for a relative who wishes to invest Rs. 15-20 lakhs. They are more inclined towards property.
What do you guys suggest? I have ZERO knowledge about all this stuff.

Thanks.

Really?

Property for 15-20 lakhs? Only possible in villages. But returns would also be less.

Consider investing in Gold based MF. (Or may be some good property based MF - but only if you just want to invest in property)

Last edited:
Studio apartments can fit in this budget in cities as well but as I said above. Do not get involved.

Well in big cities you would not get one (assuming 200sqft minimum required) - unless you buy in remote area. But then effectively its not going to get good returns in future.

Plus property market is very bad in Mumbai. Prices too high. Chances of them increasing is remote.

Well I think you guys got the question wrong.
They are thinking about property, but not just that.

Maybe some other stuff like Gold and all, etc.. As I said I have no idea about all this. The are just looking for ideas.

But yes, some good suggestions on property will do no harm either. 🙂

Property for 15-20 lakhs? Only possible in villages. But returns would also be less.

Consider investing in Gold based MF. (Or may be some good property based MF - but only if you just want to invest in property)
Yeah, Gold what was I was thinking too. But is it really a good idea?

And no, as I said above, it's not that they want to invest just in property. 🙂

Yeah, Gold what was I was thinking too. But is it really a good idea?

Investing in Gold is different then investing in Gold based MF (Mutual fund).

Later would possibly fetch more returns.

When you invest in Gold (buying physical gold on your own) and keep it for 3 years. Profit you earn is only difference between price.

When you invest in Gold MF - they (supposed to be market experts) keep buying and selling your Gold.

They sell if they think market will go down today. They buy if they think market will go up today.

Ofcourse sometime their expectation/assumption dont work everyday. (So risk exists)

But overall if you are select right Mutual fund, you will earn more than 1 time investment in Gold.