Hathway - Need Help

• Thread starter Thread starter Eazy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4,958

Eazy

ISP
Hathway
I have used a Hathway 256kbps unlimited conx for around 2 years and I have had a decent download speed all along - around 28 KB/s - but since the last few days the download speeds are like those of a DialUp 56kbps modem 🙁 The browsing seems to be fine no slowdown in opening of pages - only the downloads seem to be affected. What is strange is that I get around 5 KB/s per download I start but if I start 5 downloads at the same time I get collectively 25MB/s !! I run DU Meter so I can see the download speeds.

Can anyone please give me some info what can cause this ? Is it a problem in my settings or with Hathway ? I have restored old backup images but no change in speed.

I use the LAN conx from the inbuilt chip on my MoBo Asus A8NE and I have tried to connect with a Intel 10/100 Pro LAN card - no difference. I have done a fresh XP install on a NEW HDD and there has been no change in speeds. 🙁

I have contacted Hathways help line and nothing has come of that - I think I will have to push them more.

25MB/s isn't something to be bitched about! 😉The connection seems to be fine if you're getting 25KB/s - the problem could be from the other end. Try using a good download manager like IDM.

QUOTE(nosh @ Feb 24 2007, 06:17 PM) [snapback]81055[/snapback]
25MB/s isn't something to be bitched about! 😉

The connection seems to be fine if you're getting 25KB/s - the problem could be from the other end. Try using a good download manager like IDM.[/b]

If I download only one file it will not get a speed over 5KB/s - I used to get 25KB/s even for one file till a few days back. I use flashget but now it is difficult to get downloads with flashget - sites dont seem to like download managers.

I called Hathway 3 times but no one turned up 🙁 I am sure the problem is at their end.

I ran the speed tests at dslreports.com and the Download was 37kbps and Upload was 56kbps 🙁

QUOTE(nosh @ Feb 24 2007, 06:17 PM) [snapback]81055[/snapback]

If I download only one file it will not get a speed over 5KB/s - I used to get 25KB/s even for one file till a few days back. I use flashget but now it is difficult to get downloads with flashget - sites dont seem to like download managers.

I called Hathway 3 times but no one turned up 🙁 I am sure the problem is at their end.

I ran the speed tests at dslreports.com and the Download was 37kbps and Upload was 56kbps 🙁

only check
tx(upstrem).rx(downstrem)& signal to noise ratio
192.168.100.1 shows these details
normal range of the signals tx 54db
rx 2db
s/n ratio 40 db
the attunuator on back of modem does the signal level adj
if u have 10db att get 5db att fom market so as rx signal is around 1-2 db uwill get stable connection.
2nd thing is that some sites take 200ms to reach
any thing within this range u get 60kb/s
above 200ms speed reduces
at night hathway servers r programed to limit speed to 30kb/s
i dont know y they do this blody bastards.
hope u get good speeds on download managers.