Beware - Airtel Dish tv service

ISP
Installer yeam b'lore
This is Kapil and have been using Airtel TV for last 1 year or more.
Airtel as a service provider is good but the customer care centre is pathetic and TnC very strange.
I have been facing signal loss for quite a few days and today i.e 11th August 2014, all the signals stopped. Perturbed as you also would be, I called up customer care and asked for the resolution to which I was informed that DTH box is for warranty for 6 months only (Now in service how is this possible) and for any technical help, I will have to pay 150 to technician whatever the case may be. To which I raised a concern which they said would be addressed ( I know nothing gonna happen). So, if there is a problem of any kind in airtel TV, you need to pay 150 bucks to blood seekers. Better Idea is to have new connection every 6 months (they keep on coming with offers of free STB).

Nevertheless, I have an annual plan, so no option pay or dont watch TV for a year long. Forcibly (No option left), I called up the technician. Things just start getting interesting here. Technician calls and asks for my address which they get from the customer care. (It has become a routine for technicians to call up and ask for address and waste your another 10 minutes for you address). I immediately called customer care to tell the same and again went to escalation deptt. and talked to Ms. Kshama Devi for the second time. First problem is supposed to be resolved by 10:32 PM and complain to be resolved by 12:22 PM next day.

Now I am in transit to office and technician reached home to tell my wife that the connector which is used in small connector which is the cause and it was supposed to be a big connector. (when the subscription was renewed in June last week, they had only come and installed the DTH, So ideally not my fault). Big connector is introduced by them for whatever reasons but I loose my connection. I again call up help line and escalation and talk to Ms. Kshama again which is escalated to Ms. Sukanya who tell me after 30 minutes of being on the line that technician has been asked to leave without collecting payment. Not the technicain Mr. Puneet is not ready to leave and threatens my wife (with a 1 yr. old kid) that he will take connector and leave. I call up help line yet again (4 times in 2.5 hrs - I love them). For which again they take almost 15 minutes and say I need to pay for the technicain visit and connector they are waivering off. Now my question is Connector is their issue or problem or prerogative so that's waivered but still I need to pay for the technician, It's like I order Chicken Biryani and they serve me Egg biryani and I am forced to pay the bill. I informed that please don't do this great favor to me, I will pay 200 bucks directly and leave me alone and ensure that things are in place before mention time (It was around 1:30 that time).

Meanwhile technician takes out the connector and leaves. I inform the same to Ms. Sukanya (2nd time to her and 5th time on customer care) for which she assures that the same Mr. Puneet would come and put the connector, I will pay him 200 bucks and put the story on online forum. And you know what , I am just putting the story here, Mr. Puneet hasn't turned yet and I still don't have an working DTH at my place and I am still holding Rs. 200 in my hands waiting for the technician to come back and show his mercy on my pity soul.

All in all, better change your connection in every 6 months else pay 150 bucks to technician every time someone touches your antenna or any minutest thing.
Second, please don't entertain technicians when they ask for your address, They are just doing it to ease their life and make yours difficult. This service is outsourced by-the-way. So, you can't raise your concern as no-one is responsible for these retard technicians.
Third, Customer care/helpline from Airtel makes you wait and makes false promises. And please be at home when the technician comes else you end up again wasting 20 minutes.
Forth, Just pray from God that bigger gods (customer care and technician agency) of world do their job and inform things correctly to you.

Please read the TnC properly. A lot of hidden clauses are hidden deep down in there.

Regards
Kapil Bohra