MGMNT SSID on Airtel routers like Beetel TC2

ISP
airtel
I am on Airtel Broadband in Delhi and using Beetel TC2 Wifi Router supplied by Airtel. Apart from my SSID, another name of 'MGMNT' is also displayed for my router.

Does anybody know what is it and how to remove it?

afaik, it cannot be removed, which is pretty stupid really. The default key to MGMNT is 0987654321. After logging in to the MGMNT of your network, one simply needs to play around with the URL to get access to the wireless settings for your network (the actual SSID you use to connect to the internet). Post that the attacker can enjoy free WiFi at your peril. Kudos to airtel 😀

Junk that beetel trash and get some good equipment.

Is it?? So if anyone knows this key, he can use my wifi for free??.

It is working fine and 2 months warranty left , so don't want to junk it right now. In future might change it.

Please suggest a good wifi router which will work with Airtel Broadband.

Yes. Have 'tested' it across multiple networks (with consent 😛). I don't think you can even change the MGMNT key. To check connect to MGMNT using the key I gave you. Navigate to 192.168.1.1 in your browser. Iirc, the option to the change the key is greyed out.

Now. Not many people would know the key. But leaving the network unsecured is a risk one should never take.

What is your budget?

Thanks. But, I have no idea about how to adjust the settings.

Also, one more question: When I took my connection, the sales guy told me that I could keep the Router if I use it for a minimum period of one year? Does Airtel give offers like that?

If they aren't charging you monthly for the beetel router, keep it.

Vpi/vci for airtel is 1/32.
Username you can get from the modem settings.
Password you'll have to ask the CC.
This is the password for your broadband account.

Yes. But most modems keep it to the default admin/admin. One can always change that.

But, I wouldn't be too comfortable still.

Just an fyi, Username password here means that of your broadband account, not the login for the beetel

Just an fyi, Username password here means that of your broadband account, not the login for the beetel
Yes. I have that username and password. It was given to me by the person who installed the connection. Thanks for the help.[emoji4]

One cannot use data by connecting to the ssid MGMNT. However, if someone knows the router user/pwd, then they can connect the same, find out the main ssid password and use your connection.