New BBNL Connection 10 Mbps UL for Rs.1400

madhusudhan7

leaguemaddy
ISP
ACT 300 Mbps FTTB | Airtel 200 Mbps FTTH backup | Airtel 4g B593 Router | Airtel 5g on Mobile
I went back to Tikona after my Metronet fiasco and had been waiting for another High Speed fiber based provider. My wait ended sometime in the last week of July when my Local Cable Operator made an agreement with BBNL - We now have 10 Mbps UL for around Rs.1400 (with taxes). *The connection has been reliable ever since & i haven't noticed any downtime till now, although i don't stay connected all the time nowadays. *The speed however fluctuates & drops to 2-5 Mbps at times but i get around 9+ on an average. Good Speeds on some downloads & torrents i tried for testing.

My only concerns is while using VPN Services for Work & Otherwise. *It does connect but disconnects abruptly in between the sessions and then it takes about 5-10 attempts to reconnect, then the issue repeats again 🙁

*Is anyone else on BBNL facing similar issues with BBNL or have a solution to this VPN Issue

Here are a few snapshots that will describe the connectivity:

ntRD4Zw.png

BLbCELu.png

Ok the first downtime... net is down for almost 2 hrs now [emoji45]

On the bright side: VPN issue is fixed to a great extent by changing a certain security setting

This is another issue with local cable operator based connections, can't call at odd hours [emoji19]

One more thing, operator says BBNL is launching 50 Mbps plans soon, in about a month. Does anyone else have this update

Ok the first downtime... net is down for almost 2 hrs now [emoji45]

On the bright side: VPN issue is fixed to a great extent by changing a certain security setting

This is another issue with local cable operator based connections, can't call at odd hours [emoji19]

Madhu - could you please let me know what security setting was changed and where ?

Disabled 'Allow Stateful Encryption' in settings

Hi Madhu,

My BBNL broadband speed is 20 Mbps but am getting a download speed of 10 Mbps. Can you please suggest to why this is happening? I want to get a download speed of 20 Mbps.

Hi Madhu,

My BBNL broadband speed is 20 Mbps but am getting a download speed of 10 Mbps. Can you please suggest to why this is happening? I want to get a download speed of 20 Mbps.

Tarun - what plan did you go for ? when i checked on website it showed up 1/5 and 10 mbps plan, when did you take it ? how is the connection experience so far

Tarun - what plan did you go for ? when i checked on website it showed up 1/5 and 10 mbps plan, when did you take it ? how is the connection experience so far

dishVijay,

Don't go by the website info. The BBNL website has not been updated in the last 2 years that I have know this ISP. This ISP in unlike Hathway / ACT. BBNL is founded by a progressive local cable guy from RT Nagar and he has pulled in other cable operators ( consortium ) to start offering this service leveraging their wide cable infrastructure. Its obviously difficult for BBNL to put the latest info on their website if all the other cable guys haven't started offering the higher speeds. Anything above 25 mbps , the cable operator needs to invest in fiber deployment instead of the current cable lines. This enables for good quality broadband and also to keep up with competition ( read ACT ), which has gone beyond 50 mbps.

If you need better speeds have a rapport with the local cable guy who gives the service. Either request him for higher speeds for same price or pay for the higher speed by having a one-on-one price deal.

It's now been more than 3 months and the connection has remained stable to a great extent: The operator also gave me a 25 Mbps connection for testing and has promised speeds upto 100 Mbps from Jan'15
There are some downtimes & times when the operator does not respond but has been stable to a great extent with constant speeds
I experience downtimes of about 1-3 hours about 4-5 times & the connection was down for almost a day once because of fiber cut issues but otherwise he usually responds to call and fixes the issues within an hour or two

Here's my experience in a nutshell

3883131312.png

CRX1JLZ.png

No FUP 10 Mbps for Rs.1400 ... 25 Mbps is for testing

Last edited: