• Views Views 2,569

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Sify launches WiMAX solution with mobility features
Sify is working in partnership with Proxim Wireless and the two companies have now launched WiMAX solution with mobility features.
The company claims that this service is the first of its kind. The companies have deployed Proxim Wireless’s Tsunami MP.11 WiMAX product line as the core communications platform. The last [...]

http://broadbandforum.co/638/sify-launches-wimax/

Cooooool!!!!!!!!

Sify is claiming that they have deployed over 700 Tsunami MP.11 base stations in addition to 3,500 subscriber units to provide Internet access, voice, and video broadband services. They aim to provide this facility to enterprise, residential, and cyber cafe subscribers in over 200 cities[/b]

i think its for residential customers also !! any1 more info on it ??

well its just a company press release. 😛

Kewl I wish WiMax station comes somewhere near my house... And talking abt Sify's consistency will they be able to provide consistent uptime of peripherals/WiMax Stations???

i can think of a situation where their wimax reciever is found floating in rain water on a tree top.

Hee.. he.. Good one sushubh... but I guess that's the true fact abt Sify's maintanance..... 🤔Well don't they have good tech's who give feasibility studies, equipment selection, cabling, routing, erection of DSLAMS like how Airtel/Tata/BSNL have done? Well I thought Sify was a Private ISP.... even Govt. owned ones are faar better than this Private ISP Sify....!!! :angry:

QUOTE(newsman @ Feb 23 2007, 08:25 AM) [snapback]80871[/snapback]
Sify launches WiMAX solution with mobility features
Sify is working in partnership with Proxim Wireless and the two companies have now launched WiMAX solution with mobility features.
The company claims that this service is the first of its kind. The companies have deployed Proxim Wireless’s Tsunami MP.11 WiMAX product line as the core communications platform. The last [...]

http://broadbandforum.co/638/sify-launches-wimax/[/b]
I hope it is meant for only corporates.

Why do you hope it is only for corporates ? Anyway whatever Sify does is of no use. I read an article where their CEO was quoted as saying "who needs more than 256 kbps". What a bloody ahole !!