• Thread starter Thread starter siren
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 4,378

siren

Gadget Freak
ISP
BSNL
I have activated airtel 3g and i am from maharashtra. Handset is Nexus 5. As we know, airtel uses IDEA 3g for 3g packs here in maharashtra as they dont own the spectrum. I kept my cell in 3g mode and "automatically select network", but it stays in 2g. If i manually select IDEA from the list of networks, it goes to 3g. I want to keep it on auto, like switch to 2g when 3g is not available. Settings are same. How to make it switch to 3g automatically. Preferred mode is 3g.

Thanks

honestly i never had this type of issue, airtel 3g works pretty well.
But you can use a android application called as phone tester.
after installing this just open the app and select phone information and in preferred network select wcdma.

It prefer 3G mode over Edge.

Ok.. It was default on GSM auto PRL, any idea what does that mean. Cuz if i put it on wcdma only i lose the range in low signal no 3g area.

I stay on GSM Auto PRL at home where I have Wi-Fi. I switch to WCDMA only when I am using the device on the move. I switch back when I am no longer interested in data services.

Thx a lot for clarification.. I wud opt for wcdma preferred.i wish this option was in mobile networks, its just preferred mode 3g.

It should be but when i put it on preferred mode 3g,it is on gsm(auto) prl.

Thats nly my query that it doesnt switch to 3g where else my note 2 is always on 3g same network same mode.