Govt forcing pan card info on smallest transaction

• Thread starter Thread starter sTrOnTiaBOnd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 970
S

sTrOnTiaBOnd

I was surprised when i was asked to give my pan card for renewal of my health insurance. I read somewhere that admin ji was forced to give PAN details for getting local cablewallah connection.

I was told my the agent that pan was made mandatory since sept 2013.

Can you guys give details where you were forced to give pan card for transactions less than Rs 50,000.

Not just Aadhaar: your privacy is under threat from all kinds of players - Firstbiz

"Every bank, every mutual fund and every financial institution with whom citizens have dealings demands a lot of financial and other details from citizens: father’s name, mother’s name, mother’s maiden name, date of birth, account details, annual income. Today’s Mint newspaper (dated 28 July) discusses how mutual funds are seeking details of income and from 1 August you cannot buy a mutual fund without giving these details in a second form."

Pretty soon all cash would be abolished. I cannot wait to see the day when the entire world is paperless and cashless and the SUN dumps its load to planet earth via solar storm.

Last edited by a moderator:
PAN card is required for health insurance to cross-verify that you have put right figure in section 80D of income tax

No idea about cable connection!