Fed up with Reliance Broadband - Worst ISP ever review (with proof)

• Thread starter Thread starter Nitro SRT
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 7,315
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Reliance Broadband
I have a reliance broadband connection, it's a wireline connection without any landline.

First, this month case ( Although the story is same for every month):

My internet connection stopped working on 18th July, I called the customer care number 180030007777 but only got to waiting list. "Im sorry, all our customer care representatives are busy on calls, kindly stay on line your call i important to us". I waited 2 hours 15 minutes then disconnected the call. (Pics and video proof down below)

I tried next day, still after 1.5 hours no luck and I disconnected the call. Next day after half an hour wait someone picked up the phone and told me the problem will be resolved within 24 hours (which I knew won't). Then after 2 days and calling again my internet worked for a shot while.

On 26th July the internet stopped working again so I called the customer care and waited for hours like an idiot hoping someone will answer me "shortly". From that day onward I have complained many times but my internet is still not working. Today when i spoke to the customer care, they told me that my complaints were closed because they were resolved from the server end, WTF?
MY INTERNET IS NOT WORKING, I AM WAITING FOR HOURS ON CUSTOMER CARE AND THEY CLOSE MY TICKET WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ME IF THE PROBLEM IS RESOLVED OR NOT?

And BTW the connectivity problem is due to some wire issues from my home to the reliance box on the pillar near my house because my neighbors have their net working (At this moment XD)

The second issue (no bill and late fees):

Despite calling several times separately in the billing department, i am not getting my bill neither through post nor through emails. I am paying my bill with Rs 100 late fees extra. for about past 6-7 months because I don't know what to pay, when to pay??

Third issue (permanent):

The DNS servers of reliance never work. I have to wait for the DNS server to respond so that I can get to the login page. After I login, I have to use Google's DNS to make my internet work but in a few hours when I am between some important work, internet stops mysteriously. The problem is that my session logs out automatically. Then I have to revert back to the default DNS settings and visit the login page, there I see that it's asking me my login credentials again. I enter my credentials again and then again change the DNS to Google's DNS servers. I am fed up with this bullshit.

Fourth issue (permanent):

Huge packet loss in the connection. When I open up cmd and ping my gateway "ping 123.236.32.1 -t" I see many connection timed outs in between and many high spikes in the pings to the gateway. Till date the problem persists. This annoys me most when I am working with something like wordpress and after I finish writing, I press the publish button and BOOM the next thing I see is: Webpage Not Available. it was just momentary at the moment when i pressed the publish button and the connection works after 1 second. Also the frequent disconnects during online gaming.

Summary:

All these problems above indicates that reliance broadband is corroded from its core. The whole network is very very unreliable and one simply cannot rely on reliance broadband for anything. You can check my previous complaints from past years to today. Not a month goes by when I can have internet working properly. Every month I have to complaint many times to get my net working. The most common issues being "Network cable unplugged" (because no connection to reliance) and "Ethernet does not have a valid IP address" (instead of 123.236xxx IP address I should be getting, I get 169.252xxx IP address instead).

I am paying this months bill and giving reliance one more month. If my connection doesnt become stable, I will have stop using your services and share my ill experiences with the internet.

Customer Care (Worst Ever):

What should I say about their customer care SMH. Although I have mentioned everything above, I would add that they never call you back to check that if the complaint have been resolved or not, instead they will close the complaint assuming everything is fixed and the next time you will call, they will say that your complaint was closed from the server end because it was fixed at the server end. This magical server automatically closes complaints and I am calling customer care for hours to lodge a complaint again.

Proofs:
(All pictures and videos are of the time i was waiting on the hold. Talking with customer care is another story.)

Pictures:
Source

Video:
Source

It’s unfortunate that Reliance turned out to be disastrous for you. I have been quite lucky with it and I recommend it to people living around my house for the same reason.

I suggest looking at alternative service providers in your area which is what I do. There is no point hoping for these operators to improve their services based on complaints and rants.

I moved from Airtel to BSNL to now Reliance. Though unfortunately, this is the end of the line as I do not have any other operator in my area.

I am looking but unfortunately reliance has monopoly in my area. No other ISP's are available here except the snail 512 kbit MTNL. Also reliance offers unlimited bandwidth and since i'm really heavy user, I need unlimited bandwidth which no other ISP provides here in Delhi.

Just checked, MTNL's 2mbps plan is 1899 INR per month but reliance is 699 INT for the same speed.

I guess you appear to be happy with what Reliance is delivering in that price tag. Me out.

The price tag is not the problem, unavailability of ISP's is the problem. Why the hell you think I would pay 3 times the price for same kind of service? I pay 699 for a shitty service, why the hell would I pay 1899 for even more shittier service? I will pay 2x rof the same service if I get connectivity atleast 90% of the time in a month

Last edited:
And BTW you were never in, all you do on other posts is praise about reliance and thrash whoever complaints about it. We are complaining because we have a problem. You may have several ISP's in gurgaon but believe me if there was a single ISP in my area providing any speed at any price, I would have said goodbye to reliance a long time ago. Also to my current disconnection request they say please sir reconsider, we will improve and yet 2 days after that, net still not working.

Thats your point of view. Why would I call Reliance shit if i'm getting way more than I should at 1099 per month?

Didn't work for you? Okay. Get it disconnected. Your review about the service is solely based on what you're facing. Its biased.

Go ahead and write about the problems in here but don't tag an ISP as "OMFG WORST ISP EVER" just because things were bad with your connection.

Complain @PGPortal maybe?
Also try using the live chat feature instead of phone. Easier to explain and you will be connected to an operator within a minute. I would have agreed with you if the post was made like a year and a half back. Back then the DNS server sucked and network was congested.

lol. Dude doesn't want to use rcom, but won't switch either 😀

@OP

Switch to mtnl, their service is pretty good for the most part.

Last edited:
I am here to badmouth Reliance but don't you dare suggest that I leave Reliance because they are providing me shitty quality of service. They are the worst service provider out there but since they are cheap, I am not going to move to another other operator. You however should not use Reliance because they are awful. And yes, I know I have alternatives but I am not going to switch to them because they cost three times as much. Why should I pay three times as much when I am getting the same quality of service from Reliance at one third their price!

@yashleo21 That's the most retarded thing I have ever heard in a long time "Your review about the service is solely based on what you're facing. Its biased." What the hell does that even mean LOL? What else should my review be based on? your experience? Obviously my review will be based on my experiences. I don't know about you but if an ISP does not even have working DNS servers and you have to use Google DNS or Open DNS for internet to work, its really one of the worst ISP ever in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.