Please suggest a router ( reliance ethernet broadband )

• Thread starter Thread starter karthickr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 4,196

Which is the best router model among these ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I hope you will suggest me a Wifi router for the below specs :

BroadBand : Reliance Direct Ethernet connection 12mbps (I guess i should go with a wireless without modem)
Antenna : Two (External - My friends told that external antennas give better connectivity)
Speed : 150/300mbps wifi router
Cost : Doesn't matter
Connectivity : 2 to 3 bhk (20 to 30 meters)
Physical switch : Some switch to ON/OFF my wifi

Main important feautre : I want to run my wifi connection without switching ON my Desktop PC, I should be able to access my Laptop and mobile through my wifi router without switching ON my Desktop, Is there any option for this ( I think the wifi switch is for this purpose, correct me if im wrong)

Please suggest me a good wifi router for the above needs. Netgear/D-Link/TP-Link/...

Does this model have a physical Wifi switch ?
Netgear JNR1010 N150 Wireless Router

Has any of you used a dlink cloud router for reliance and have you faced any issues ?

Reviews on the below product :
TP-LINK TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Router

Thanks in advance
Please help me out guys

Do you login to connect to internet through the Reliance Broadband website?

I was looking for routers with better range. I guess you only need coverage over a single floor. Get any TP-Link wireless router in your price range. Stay away from ADSL-Router combos.

I do not like D-Link. The router you recommended should work. I do not use my own Reliance network on wireless but it does work with regular wireless routers like other DSL connections. I hope someone else here would confirm.

no i cannot tell you. search for the model name on the web. find images that shows the port area of the devices and see for yourself.

when properly configured, your desktop would not be needed to be turned on for the wireless network to work. but as you do know that reliance logs you out after a few minutes of inactivity, you would need to login through your mobile devices.

i cannot personally confirm if logging through a wireless network is possible on reliance broadband. should work however. i helped a friend in getting his wireless network online and it seems to work for him.

Alright!! i will check them..
Thanks a lot for your responses 🙂 🙂
It was really helpful.

I would need help from other fellow reliance users reg this, hopefully someone responds.

i mean when i got my reliance connection, i did connect it to my existing wireless router that is now connected to the bsnl modem and it did work fine. @cisco_tech might be able to help. I think he is on Reliance too.

Obviously i dont need an ADSL router since i dont have a model to replace with. Its a direct wifi router without modem.
My question is that i need a router for this connection where i don't have to switch on my desktop ( primary connection ) to use my other devices like lap or mob

Status
Not open for further replies.