• Thread starter Thread starter remenomen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,426

remenomen

ISP
Fuckin' Airtel.
Hey guys,
I've been trying to contact Spectranet for a few days now so that I can get a connection. I know for a fact that they have fiber/cabling laid in my area already (Lake Homes, Powai, Mumbai), but I've gone and lost the pamphlets they were handing out that had the details on them.

I've used their online contact form twice now, gotten no reply. Tried calling their toll-free customer service center, and it turns out it's not a valid number anymore. I finally emailed their complaints department in the hope that THEY might be able to give me a lead on contacting a local representative, and I'm still waiting on that.

Has anyone on here got a phone number or anything at all that I can use?

Thanks.

Are you sure you want to deal with a company that has a dysfunctional helpline number? 😀

Eh, it's just that they're the only ISP around here with good speeds and okay data caps. At the moment, I'm on an Airtel 4mbit/20gb plan which doesn't even last me a week. I've heard that they're actually quite good when it comes to connectivity, so I would like to give them a try.

Try pinging them on Twitter? Ask around... look for an existing customer... They might have the number of the local sales guy. I had to hunt for the Reliance guy in my area myself 😀

Hey guys,
I've been trying to contact Spectranet for a few days now so that I can get a connection. I know for a fact that they have fiber/cabling laid in my area already (Lake Homes, Powai, Mumbai), but I've gone and lost the pamphlets they were handing out that had the details on them.

I've used their online contact form twice now, gotten no reply. Tried calling their toll-free customer service center, and it turns out it's not a valid number anymore. I finally emailed their complaints department in the hope that THEY might be able to give me a lead on contacting a local representative, and I'm still waiting on that.

Has anyone on here got a phone number or anything at all that I can use?

Thanks.

please write to me at nitin@spectranet.in

thanks,

Try pinging them on Twitter? Ask around... look for an existing customer... They might have the number of the local sales guy. I had to hunt for the Reliance guy in my area myself 😀
I managed to get through to their customer service call centre on a Monday about a month ago and had an installation done soon after. After a month, I am very satisfied.

The connection hasn't gone down once without an alert (they texted us to tell us they'd be doing some routine maintainence last week an hour before the internet went down) and the speed has been consistent, with a good 16mbit down/ 4mbit up line.

I was a bit concerned, of course, because we are consistently running over the fup limit as we are a family with a lot of devices and very heavy daily usage, but the post-fup 4mbit speeds are also not too bad, and we can live with that.

I don't think we'll be staying with spectranet for much longer, though, because of the 120 gig fup limit on their highest-tier plan.
The service has been good, however, and I would recommend them to anyone who is satisfied by 120gig limits.