Hyundai Elite i20

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,653
CqBh59IqHp2Rdso2uoKCeB2uOLVeEteBxaRjw9pwOw9E6478oV1hiamdxT7ha2h8ek8MbGulmRIjFeXUwwb6f6sw5JnqerOL3WLbM3sI3W1XTeAJV3neFhO2cPlNmFI=s0-d-e1-ft

5TDMcx1.jpg

xIKFEqV.jpg

BlOYwDl.jpg

8P1rnDN.jpg

eiNNmEM.jpg

hOnTB9J.jpg

qOG4S7Z.jpg

t2AOI48.jpg

AfCea2d.jpg

idzY7hi.jpg

lwOH3KB.jpg

T0XCSNS.jpg

ax4KdHn.jpg

UF8kksf.jpg

ar6ST0B.jpg

kHiPm7Y.jpg

Grand had an acceptable level of beige inside. They messed it up again in Elite. Or maybe it's just me 😀 Looks good otherwise.

I own the 1.2 VTVT (Petrol) Asta version, purchased in February 2015.

Experiencing poor pickup (1st and 2nd gear) and lag at steep roads. Overall the car acceleration is quite poor in highways as well and on AC it starts to lag as if its an 3-4 year old car.

Anyone who owns the car and can share his/her experience?

Assuming Grand has the same engine and similar gear ratio, I can speak about the crappy experience on 1/2 gear. If I am stuck in a slow moving traffic, handling the car is a pain as both the first and second gear are unsuitable for driving at low speeds. First gear is not suitable for driving at slow speed. Second gear is not suitable for starting from standstill. Becomes a nightmare to keep shifting between 1 & 2 just to start and slide the car through the traffic.

^So true. I am also facing sudden RPM drop when I initiate acceleration on the 1st gear. It appears as if the car isn't responding well to acceleration in low gears.

I am looking for email ID of some specific technical and management people to whom I can explain & complain so that faulty parts can be replaced within 2 years in warranty.

I have been informed that some part or the other makes the car respond in that way but the technical guy in the workshop is unable to understand the problem. People in the workshop aren't very keen on replacing parts. As soon as the 2 year warranty runs out, they would suddenly inform that such and such part has malfunctioned and it would cost me to get them changed. Have faced similar issues with Hyundai in the past. This time I'm not going to let this issue slip.

After the bush in the rear malfunctioned and after persisting those parts were changed, I am keen to get the acceleration issue solved as well.