Which modem/router works for BSNL Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter Viper13
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,175
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Tata Docomo
Hello PPl, i am new here, and a bit new to all these, i am opting to go for a broadband to my existing landline, so i called BSNL and told them abt it bt they are saying i need to purchase their modem which is above 2k and i seen on net that these modem/router u can get below 1k too, so i just want to know can i purchase it on my own and give it to these BSNL guys for installation?
They have said me its ok if i buy on my own but what i fear is then they will say this is not compatible and stuffs and i will have to suffer a loss.
So please guide and here is the link of the modem i opt to buy :
TP-Link 150 Mbps Wireless N Router (TL-WR740N) - Buy @ Rs.788/- Online | Snapdeal.com

TP-Link 10/100 Mbps 8 Ports Desktop Switch (TL-SF1008D) - Buy @ Rs.553/- Online | Snapdeal.com

D-Link 10/100 Mbps 8-Ports Unmanaged Switch (DES-1008A) - Buy @ Rs.626/- Online | Snapdeal.com

Please help me on this. it would be much appreciable, Thanks in Advance 🙂

You need wireless support as well? Or just a regular modem that connects to one computer using ethernet cable?

I dont need wireless support but just an regular modem that connects to one computer using ethernet cable,any advices?
And also the abovementioned devices can they work for my purpose?

Ok bro, Thanx a lot for helping out there genuinely and so the ones i mentioned above will also work? or only the one you mentioned? (I will be opting the one you mentioned)

From what I understand, you linked to one router and two switches. The router does not appear to have support for ADSL and switches are totally different things. So nope. They would not work. The model I recommended is a good budget segment purchase. You can get any ADSL modem.

Ok Thanx a lot bro , ii would be definately going with that,,, much appreciated , thanx a lot again 🙂

Hey this BSNL guy says me service tax and stuffs will be diff apart from their monthly rental charges, now i thought its inclusive of the plan , can any1 guide me in this?

The plan prices you see on any ISP website is exclusive of taxes and other charges.

thank you sir, bt the screen shots which are seen in that link and the screen which iam using are different, i am using Firmware version IN 1.02.. for D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N 300 ADSL2+ 4-Port Wi-Fi Router with Modem... can you please help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.