Newbie And Some Questions

• Thread starter Thread starter kaspyanand
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,023

kaspyanand

I had applied for Broadband on Dec6,2006 and eventually got installed on Feb 1.I hav nightly plan.I am using USB to access net,my connection is not smooth(i loose connection a lot,USB flickers),will LAN give better results?Also,why there is 1 GB limit? In this age of videos and podcasts thats seems very less.590 seems too costly.I hav already used up 1gb,as I listened to lot of podcasts and videos.Dont yu think its expensive

LAN connection will be definately a stable one... do change your DNS settings - ( for that please search the forums or visit www.opendns.com), as MTNL DNS are bit slow...

About Pricing.... i totally agree with you, but at the present, that is all what you n we have got...

u can go for unlimited plans at lower speed...

at lower speed???256 kbps is the lowest MTNL offers 😛until and unless he's getting 2 mbps in the night time...go for unlimited at 949/-...it's a better choice...even i crossed my limits quite a no. of times and ended up paying more than the unlimited price...then i finally changed it to unlimited...now no tensions 😀

You won't exhaust your limits if you're a night bird like me 🙂 . I suggest queing videos for download at night and watching them the next day.

But on MTNL site I dont see any unlimited plan listed.
QUOTE(coolbuddy_79 @ Feb 21 2007, 02:42 AM) [snapback]80653[/snapback]
at lower speed???

256 kbps is the lowest MTNL offers 😛

until and unless he's getting 2 mbps in the night time...

go for unlimited at 949/-...it's a better choice...even i crossed my limits quite a no. of times and ended up paying more than the unlimited price...then i finally changed it to unlimited...now no tensions 😀[/b]

they have it...just apply for it...

QUOTE(kaspyanand @ Feb 22 2007, 09:07 PM) [snapback]80810[/snapback]
But on MTNL site I dont see any unlimited plan listed.[/b]

Check the site properly, you'll find the unlimited plans!
I suggest you go for 590NU plan, which will give you 1 GB during daytime and unlimited access at 256 kbps from 12:00 night to 08:00 AM morning. Just plan your downloads, put them on at night and go to sleep! I have downloaded more than 3-4 GB during night, plus 1 GB free during day, and I think that it is a very reasonable plan as of today vis-a-vis others like Airtel and Sify.

umm airtel's 700 plan would give you 128 unlimited during day time and 256 unlimited during night time.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Feb 23 2007, 09:52 AM) [snapback]80879[/snapback]
umm airtel's 700 plan would give you 128 unlimited during day time and 256 unlimited during night time.[/b]

I have checked Airtel, but could not find the offer you mentioned.
check it out here http://airtel-broadband.com/tariff/tariff.htm
So we have the options
(1) Pay Rs.700 and get 128 kbps unlimited (slow of course)
(2) Pay Rs.590 plus Rs.50 modem rent and get 256 kbps (faster) speed, 1GB per month, plus unlimited downloads during the night at 256 kbps.
It is for you to decide what you prefer.
Bye...

QUOTE(kaspyanand @ Feb 22 2007, 09:07 PM) [snapback]80810[/snapback]
But on MTNL site I dont see any unlimited plan listed.[/b]

If Ure in Mumbai then u wont get total unlimited plans (Cause they want to suck up all xtra money they could)

Max u can get is Night Unlimited plans