Need help understanding Wireless Broadband

Hi using a wired connection from my LCO. Frequent drops and erratic pings have got me searching for an alternative. Mainly having problems using Facetime and Skype. Saturday nights and all day on Sunday when the LCO's office is closed are the real pain areas. Can anyone suggest solutions to end my travails. Will a wireless connection be connectable to my wifi router from which I could then run the iPhones and iPad I use for my net connectivity. Need help and advise. Am pretty illiterate in these matters
I live in Santa Cruz West in Mumbai
Having similar issues in Pune where I'm using Hathway. Their service in the Prabhat Road area is really shitty

Frankly, if you want good latency get an mtnl 8mbps plan.

To which server is the 105ms ping?

Post some IPs you want to check the latency to. I'll ping them on mtnl and see what I get.

If the line quality is good at your place, mtnl is prolly your best bet in Mumbai.

Disclaimer: Not a huge fan of LCOs. 😛

Well if you are looking for good latency then I would suggest to stay away from wireless providers coz ping is not going to be stable. Yes at times it would be great comparable to wired but it keeps spiking in between most of time and certainly Skype and FaceTime kinda stuff is going to suffer.

Only possible scenario where a good chance of stable low pings on wireless is when you have a dedicated point to point link from your local wisp or you have a wireless leased line from bigger ISP.