BookMyShow charging online handling fees again?

• Thread starter Thread starter x720
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 9,399

x720

Incoherent Poster
ISP
airtel, BSNL, MTNL
Iirc, Mumbai HC had declared it illegal to charge internet handling fees in Mumbai. But for the past week BMS has been charging the same. Has anything changed?

it should be a nationwide ban 🙁

Yup, showing up for me too.

uJ3hZGY.jpg

Yes, they have begun charging again. Kick, Entertainment and Singham Returns, I had to pay it for all. Earlier I thought it was only with some theaters but I was proved wrong.

Iirc, Mumbai HC had declared it illegal to charge internet handling fees in Mumbai. But for the past week BMS has been charging the same. Has anything changed?

Dear Customers,

Your view on the situation is important to us.

The convenience fee is our bread and butter. We, as a company, give the best we can to users. For that, a fee can be charged, no? There was a notification which prohibited us to do so for sometime. Now that the courts have stayed it we have resumed charging a fee.

We value our customers and providing them a good ticketing experience is always at heart.

Regards,
Team BookMyShow

Fine. I understand the convenience fee. Why push full screen ads on our face in the mobile app? Either charge for your service or show ads. Why both? It's not like you are charging a very low fee. You charge a percentage on EVERY TICKET PURCHASED.

BookMyShow now has full screen ads | Apps | India Broadband Forum

OdZXDqO.webp

Please enlighten me... Why does it cost you more to sell me a 800 rupee ticket compared to a 175 rupee ticket? Does the 800 rupee ticket eats up more of you server space? Bandwidth?

Last edited: