sify broadband dialer 2.7

vns

[OP]
May 8, 2005
After my dialer 2.61 was auto updated (through a CORRECTLY connected LAN cable) to 2.7, now I keep getting the error 108 (which states that my LAN cable may not be connected properly, per its diagnosis which is faulty) when I try to launch BBCLIENT. The auto update does not even give us an opportunity to say no to updating. When I install the older version 2.61, everything works fine. However, for the next login, my dialer gets automatically updated, and I have the same problem of getting BB108 error. I called sify many times, and NOTHING has been done for 3 days now.I am wondering if the same has happened to any others.

anand

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 25, 2004
Originally posted by vns@May 8 2005, 07:49 AM
The auto update does not even give us an opportunity to say no to updating.
[snapback]8996[/snapback]
[/quote]
There is a way to stop auto updating. I don't remember though, it has been a long time since I used the official client.

power

supersupersuper...
Regulars
Dec 19, 2004
I used to use 2.5 or something when 2.6 was out . What u need to do is change update url's in bband.ini file and make the file READ ONLY . I think then it wont auto update ...I tried it on old versions dunno abt 2.6 but i guess it may work

Supreme

Regulars
Jan 27, 2005
Where is the 2.7 updateMy broadband sify connection client doesnot say that any 2.7 version is available. Neither is any updated version available on the siteOr is it a dialer for dialup connection

power

supersupersuper...
Regulars
Dec 19, 2004
Maybe ur sam server isnt updated yet .. Oh yeah even mine here shows 2.61 as latest :p