port forwarding in BSNL

• Thread starter Thread starter Newbiehere
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 7,548
ISP
bsnl
hello everyone

I dont know if this is the correct section to ask this question... but as a regular home user of internet, i'm using bsnl broadband with teracom wifi router in my home. I want to know if bsnl keeps Inbound ports closed by default?

I understand the concept of port forwarding etc but I want to know that when a user installs a brand new bsnl connection, are all "inbound" ports closed by default unless manually port forwarded? (see how I made a point of mentioning inbound specifically, because outbound ports are always open on any connection and that isnt anyones concern ever)

Thanks in advance for any answers!!

And I mean to ask "closed", not "blocked"... since blocked ports are the ports that bsnl wont allow us to open aka port forward anyway

OpenDNS does not block anything except for I guess malware sites. The problem you faced was more likely the IP you got. Someone in the past enabled the restrictions when on that IP. And those settings are still saved on OpenDNS servers. So to get around them, you install their client or whatsoever and reconfigure the restrictions. Or just restart your modem to get a new IP.