How to use D-Link 2750U as a repeater?

• Thread starter Thread starter AB96
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 81,395
ISP
Dvois ION
Hello. I would like to know if its possible to use my D-Link 2750U ADSL2 router as a repeater.

I ask this because my TV is located in the hall while my router is in the bedroom. Though the signal of my TP-Link router does cover my hall, my Samsung TV doesn't have an inbuilt wifi-adapter 🙁

I know about buying authentic repeaters or buying Samsung's LAN adapter, but I dont wanna waste 2000 odd rupees for just watching FullHD videos on TV.

I recently changed from MTNL to SSV (which has been working wonders for me) and hence my previous ADSL router i.e. D-Link 2750U has been sitting idle. Is there anyway I will be able to use it as a repeater?

Not Google. Reliance basically. You need Reliance DNS to access their login page.

Upvote 0
Also the USB port is useful if you want to access your external hard drive via network. I have the USB one (TD-W8968), working great.

however friend dont use dongle at all , so dont know should we ?

@Nishant his house is 3400 sq ft and as i said he used 7-8 year old Netgear with 1 antenna for yeas without much issues , hopefully range is good?

1 thing great in this is that antenna can be changed to higher power easily .

should we save 250 rs and get without usb from Amazon for 1564 rs? its all same except usb option ? what do you suggest ?

Upvote 0
Amazon.in: Buy TP-LINK TD-W8961ND Wireless N300 ADSL2+ Modem Router 2.4Ghz 300Mbps 802.11b/g/n Splitter 2 x 5dBi detachable antennas Online at Low Prices in India | TP-Link Reviews & Ratings

sorry chromaniac , i ordered fast on Amazon this without usb one .........it was only 1 left

and today i saw something shocking , this same things was 1st available @1388 or something @2.00 pm today then withing 5-10 minutes it became priced @1564 rs 😡 and now again after 2 hours or so its again 1399 rs but on flipkart its 1799 rs, and since i had to buy it fast as only 1 unit was left so i couldnt wait for referal link , because the next price was again 1564 rs or more 🙁

@Nishant and others keep in mind , this TP-Link TD-W8968 has only 3dbi antenna which has less power , the one i got has 5dbi power which is more powerful then 3dbi thats why i got it as house is big , usb dongles is useless as of now and definitely not cheap to use , so its kinda useless

Upvote 0
and again as i post this price has changed to 1409 rs in 5 minutes , instead of 1564............what the hell is this happening ?

Upvote 0