How to configure D-Link DSL-2750U on Reliance Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter hash
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 49,216
Status
Not open for further replies.

hash

ISP
Reliance Broadband
Hi, I am trying to set up my D-Link wifi modem with Reliance Broadband. I searched the internet and found ways to configure for BSNL and MTNL and other internet connections, however the configuration failed and failed again with my router. Need help to get it configured.Warm regards,HashemP.S.: I dont understand codes but a simple explanation and step by step help will be great.

Hi champ, I am struggling with D-Link wifi DSL-2750U for MTNL!! Can you please share a few links that you found??Thanks a ton!

do u able to connect D-Link dsl 2750 u wireless modem router with reliance broadband? is it working fine? please guide me how if u able to manage installation.

Well I used a Belkin wireless router and what I really did was plug-and-use ;P I don't know where are u facing the problem but most probably you need to clone ur PC's MAC address into the router and it should work fine.Set connection type to Dynamic(And not PPPoE)

Yash😀o u able to connect Belkin wireless router with reliance broadband? I tried belkin modem n router but could not work in PPPoE as well as dynamic mode and even Clone also could not work so now trying with D-Link 2750U. Hope it works. I need step by step instructions to configured successfully. Thanks for feedback.

1.Connect your Belkin modem to your PC via ethernet cable.2.Open Belkin router's homepage.3.Clone your PC's MAC address into ur router.4.Go to LAN Settings in Wireless router's homepage.5.Over there change the IP address from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.1 (As 192.168.1.1 is default IP for Reliance Wireline Modems)6.Then in DHCP settings,there must be something like IP Pool starting Address.Set it from 192.168.2.2 to 192.168.2.100 (100 should be enough)7.Make sure to keep the connection type as Dynamic.8.Unplug the cable from ur PC and attach it to the Modem provided by Reliance.9.Power on ur reliance modem.10.In no time,your router should be able to obtain IP Address from the modem.Make sure the PC from which you are copying the MAC address is the one which you used to connect to internet.

Thank U very Much Yash for your prompt feedback. Will it work with integrated wireless modem router? or this settings r for basic wireless router? I am asking this as now i have [ D-Link dsl 2750 u ] wireless modem n router where modem is integrated with router.I will try above steps and update u once done. Thanks once again

I managed to configure my D-Link wifi DSL-2750U for MTNL using the provided installation CD. For a change this worked for me and I am connected to MTNL now.

I have taken DSL-2750u and I want to configure it with reliance broadband. I have searched through internet and followed almost every procedure to make it run.
But I am unable to open website with even connecting LAN (in 2750u).
I am able to connect with wired modem provided by reliance
Is this working with anybody here? please guide me with the procedure.
What to put in username and password section of modem configuration for reliance broadband?

adonis.warrior said:
I have taken DSL-2750u and I want to configure it with reliance broadband. I have searched through internet and followed almost every procedure to make it run.
But I am unable to open website with even connecting LAN (in 2750u).
I am able to connect with wired modem provided by reliance
Is this working with anybody here? please guide me with the procedure.
What to put in username and password section of modem configuration for reliance broadband?
Don't bother with that modem and Reliance. I could never get it running myself. However, you can configure it for WiFi only.

FIrst of if your router is asking for a username and password for the connection then you are doing it wrong. Reliance is not a regular ADSL dialup setup. It is a captive portal based service.

I have a BSNL Huawei modem MT841 which works fine (tho i am using origianl modem + router setup , cus its always better than standalone ones)
Try selecting a DHCP option, as i don't know what configuration options your modem asks for, i can't help certainly.
But try the following as in the image below !

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/ylmj.png/
Connection type should be sometime like : - DHCP, Automatic Configuration - DHCP etc,
Set VPI = 0
VCI = 35
these are the most basic settings needed.

If you still can't connect then post a screenshot of the configuration page where it has the adsl connection options!!
Good Luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.