Internet options in Juinagar?

• Thread starter Thread starter strideram
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 3,237

strideram

ISP
Local Cable (WNet), MTNL Mumbai
As far as I am aware, the following providers are available/unavailable in Juinagar, Navi Mumbai.

Tata Docomo Wired Broadband - Not available as of June 2014
Airtel Wired Broadband - Not available as of June 2014
Reliance Wired Broadband - Not available as of July 2014
YouTelecom - Not available as of July 2014

MTNL - only 2/4/8 Mbps plans available. Poor line quality and frequent disconnections (atleast for me). VDSL and FTTH not available as of July 2014.
Local Cable (Wan & Lan Internet aka WNET) - Plans upto 4Mbps. As of July 2014, the 4Mbps plan has frequent speed issues. Their support is inept and unable to resolve the issues. Personal experience. Been calling their support guys since May. Wanting to move away from them.
Local Cable (Hathway) - Plans upto 2Mbps. The same local cable guy also provides a Hathway line. As of May 2014, the 2Mbps plan was very stable. Never had an issue. (I only used them for 1 month as a break from WNET). Alas 2Mbps is not sufficient for our household.

Tikona - Available. Requested a demo. Will update this post with more details after the demo.

Forum members, are you aware of any other ISP that is active in Juinagar?

Spoke to Tata Docomo once again. Seems they provide Wifi Broadband in Juinagar. But the maximum speed is capped at 2Mbps. Speaking to the local engineer/technician, it seems the company is not interested in laying down fibre in our area (fully residential, low income :O). His suggestion was to wait for 4G to be approved/implemented, then the Wifi Broadband max speeds will increase!

As for Tikona, I did a demo. I got proper speeds. However, reading the experiences of the users in the Tikona sub-forums, I am not sure whether I should take a gamble with them.