512kbps Unlimited For 900 Per Month

• Thread starter Thread starter Kanou
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 11,787
ALL INDIAN ISPs ARE EVIL!!!
Look at UK right now, they are providing 24mbps unlimited at about 1700 INR. And OMFG look at the pace Japan is going right now. India is currently 100 years behind most of the countries in terms of high speed internet imo.
Also i called up airtel asking if I could migrate to that new 999 combo plan with 512kbps unlimited for a year, and the answer was "no, its only for new customers and the existing customers cannot migrate to that plan".

TRAI should look at the top 20 countries and then decide the minimum speed for broadband. I guess what they have done is looked at the bottom 20.

Why Should TRAI look at the top 20 countries? Ok, I admit looking at the bottom 20 is too bad for India, but what makes you think we figure in the top 20 for things that matter?

QUOTE(zewarrior @ Feb 21 2007, 04:39 PM) [snapback]80689[/snapback]
Are these new plans available in New Delhi?
What does CC have to say about these plans?[/b]
No these plans/offer of 512 kbps for new customers for first 12 months is not valid for customers in Delhi. Just called their CC... they have no friggin clue.

Agree with Ziegfield.. After all are we cockroaches in a sweat shop???? :angry:

QUOTE(mrcreativity @ Feb 21 2007, 07:09 PM) [snapback]80703[/snapback]
Why Should TRAI look at the top 20 countries? Ok, I admit looking at the bottom 20 is too bad for India, but what makes you think we figure in the top 20 for things that matter?[/b]

No India should go back to the good old days of Dial Up and anything more than 512 kbps should be a punishable offense.We should call it Taliban Broadband

Anyone for setting up a wiki and share information on the broadband services in India? I am game. This forum is great, but a wiki would perhaps be a better way to collate all this information. Anyone?[/b]

Excellent idea. I'm game as well, been contributing to Wiki and Uncyclo on a regular basis. We need to set up a Wiki and let the people out there know they way we're being exploited by our own government, set up information to the plans, since how long each plan has been introduced and the calculation in $. (and it'll be better if we lock the article up as well).

Go ahead Zieg and Shushub.

u know what the most worryin part of this is?.. they r offerin it just for one year n then gonna make it go back to 256kbps.. as if to say.. they dont see the unlimited speeds increasing for another one year atleast!!!!

Have been getting speeds of around 500kbps on a 256UL plan for the past couple of hours. I'm in bangalore. Lets see how long this lasts.