• Thread starter Thread starter priyoban
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,617

priyoban

Regular
ISP
DataOne Home 500
Hi ,Ok so I finally got the equipment and stuff from bsnl yesterday, 2 months after I applied for the connection(a big phew on that), neway, so a guy came over yesterday and gave me a modem, a smartax mt882, and then as usual guy din't know jack sh*t so I had to configure everything myself. Now I was told that my username and password would come along with a cd through courier in a couple of days.Now my question is, do they provide a standard password initially? My friend said that they had given him xyz123, is that in all of your cases as well? And did all of you get the id u had applied for? I wan't to know this coz I don't feel like waiting for the cd to arrive and I wan't to start using the net asap, i.e. as soon the adsl link lights up on my modem, it's off now, coz I think the bsnl ppl haven't started the adsl signal on my line yet. So as soon as they start adsl on my connection I can access the net.

u dont get it with a cd.. the bsnl guy normally gets it and he comes over n does everything.. thats considerin hoe things went with me..

Well not the case in cal atleast... all the ppl here ive asked have told me that they got a cd with pppoe client installer and a win98 patch... and their username and password came with the same package... but when it's gonna come that is uncertain

In my case, the JTO from my exchange rang me & supplied the ID/PW which is default by phone. I just connected & changed the password immediately. I'm from Calcutta.

Ok... so did u get the id u had applied for or was it different, and was the default pass xyz123? And one more thing... you got the equipment from bsnl itself rite? How long after you got the equipment did it take for them to enable adsl signal on ur telephone line.

in MTNL, the id is your phone no. and you can't change it...so hopefully, even BSNL will be the same...don't know for sure though...

Well apart from cli based dialup interent users... i don't know anyone using bsnl whose id is the same as their fone numbers.

Lol i can't stop my laughter :lol: On a cd....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:they really fooled u man!!!!!!!

Wow you really get amused by small things... not a good sense of humor i must say.... well neway the cd contains the pppoe client, and a win98 patch and the username and password comes in the same post or parcel or watever u want to call it, ppl from cal can confirm this.

No man it does not come in CD. In fact I never received any cd from bsnl guys. First they 'enable' your phone line so that it can handle adsl. After that is done any bsnl username and password will work in your phone. So if you have not received your id/pw why don't you borrow your friends and try, if it works then you just have to wait. You should receive a phone call from bsnl with your id/pw.All the best !!

^You from cal as well? I spoke to like 5 diff ppl all from diff circles in cal and they all got a cd man, i dunno. The cd was obviously very crude... was written on a pc and made by them.

No man I m not frm Cal.I m frm up in the Himalayas (exactly 7000 ft above sea level)where the air is fresherwhere even bsnl guys are gentle and politewhere bsnl broadband works fasterand where Tata Sky is clearer.