Bsnl F**ked Me !

• Thread starter Thread starter pranKster
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 4,276
A talk to your accounts officer should be more than enough to solve these kind of problem. I dunno how good your accounts manager is though. You can try getting your old bills if you can. I suppose there is an option to get duplicate bills.

Yep there is option to get duplicate bills. I have already got all bills from the period mentioned. I wanted to know if any other member has faced simillar issue till now ?-pranKster.

^ few dataone users have reported huge bills from BSNL
on the other community forums ( www.vinuthomas.com )
and one such huge bill was rectified by BSNL officials .

As some members have already suggested it , pls contact
BSNL officials personally ; if not resolved then pls approach
the consumer forum ...

We had similar problem , they kept reminding us that we havent payed dec 06 bill thru automated tele calls , we just ignored it , cause we known we had paid it.

QUOTE(pranKster @ Feb 24 2007, 12:35 PM) [snapback]81019[/snapback]
Just wanted to confirm that if we have to download overnite.... we have to logout before 2:00AM and Log back in after 2:00 AM, for free usage during wee hours ? .... how true is it ? or is it just figmentation of my mind.[/b]

Yes that is true. Once you enter or exit the 2-8am zone, you're supposed to log out and then log in after a couple of minutes. Otherwise they just divide the bandwidth used equally over the entire time you're online. So if you're connected to the internet for 24 hours continuously, your download amounts for the 2-8 slot gets spread over 24hrs. And if that was the case, then you're basically f**ked. I know BSNL hasn't provided this clarification anywhere, but I think it has been posted on this site itself. I learnt this from experience itself. Use Windows Task Scheduler which will let you start and stop any program at any time of the day. Also it can wake up the computer from sleep mode (depends on your BIOS). So that's a better option. Also keep a weekly track of your usage through the portal.

Log off and log on. Keep your free and paid sessions separate.

Hope this clarifies things.

Thanks ... Mate. I do hope .... no one else commits similar mistake. Today, I had to explain a lot to my Dad... who is now Retd.. So got nuff firing for one day ... :huh: So, went to BSNL office... and ended up filing official complaint, about huge bill. Officer said he will look into this matter.. and asked me to come tomorrow. .So, will be doing Left right - Left right in BSNL office ..... tomorrow too.

don't worry...just don't give in...stick there...one good thing about the sarkari babus is that they're gullible too...so work on that 😉

Happy Holi Guys, ....... News...News ....................... I paid the Dues... but they charged only 8K. I am happy. ... 🙄 :wacko: B)..................................................BSNL Still Rocks .... !! I could not prepare myself to divorce it ! :blink: :blink: :blink: -pranKster.

8K?? n why was that? i mean.. how come u had dues of 8k when u paid all ur bills in time n stuff?

chalo! 48K toh save kiya@ that calls for a party man! how about a party for all BB forum members! 😀

Well, Major part od 8K was the Taxes on 60K bill. But I dont know how they came to 8K figure, i was too elated to get out of mess.. I figured paying 8K was better than paying 60K !! -So I bury the issue ...... Once again HAppy HOLI Guys.... 🙂-pranKster.

dude!! so wait.. they just "fabricate" an old bill n.. then say.. hey.. the amount.. is bogus.. but..pay the taxes for the bogus amount n lets all be happy??!!!!!dude.. u shouldn't have paid for no reason.. anyways.. hopefully this the last u ever hear abt this..happy (belated) holy dude..