N Series from Nokia

• Thread starter Thread starter agnivo007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,809
A

agnivo007

Has anyone seen the latest Nokias : N91, N90, N70 ? Here they are.

somehow i feel motorola makes better designed phones. razor v3 is fantastic. even my Panasonic gd88 looks beautiful.

Personally, I am not a Nokia fan. I'm a SonyEricsson man. If you read the RazrV3 review, you won't justify its hefty price tag. Please read the N91 review...4Gb microdrive, mp3/aac/mp4etc+video playback etc. 3G sounds amazing...get the review at softpedia.com

i had rather buy the Sony's walkman branded mobile phone. Nokia are new to music on mobile. their camera phones have always disappointed me. sony has better knowledge on how to incorporate cameras and music playing capabilities in a handheld device. i am however waiting to see what motorola's itunes enabled phone look like. Apple rock at developing exciting products. and motorola are the best mobile makers in the world.

Being a mp3 player enthusiast, I am going to have to respectfully disagree with Sushubh - Apple is not as great as most people think... Even after so many years they have been unable/unwilling to design an ipod with a user-replacable battery, which essentially means that if your ipod battery dies (which can happen in a year or two), you have to pay Apple about US $120 to change a $35 battery... or risk fooling around with soldering the battery in yourself.....

anyway, more to the topic at hand... mp3 phones are not a satisfactory solution if you want to have a lot of MP3s at hand and/or want to hear them for some time (i.e. more than 2-3 hours)... mp3 phones often don't have enough space, but if they do, their battery life goes down substantially to the point that playing mp3s really becomes a gimmick than a useful function.... so if you want to have your music collection on the go, you are still better off investing in an ipod, or better yet, in other players like those from Creative, which are cheaper, have more storage and user-replaceable batteries (though admittedly they are less stylish than ipods).

p.s. Motorola RAZR has some surprisingly bad specs for the hype that surrounds it!

i think the reason why Apple does not put in a replaceable battery is coz they want to make more money out of replacing the batteries themselves. same reason why Sony uses proprietary format memory sticks in their devices.

ipod is just a waste of money i would never ever buy an Apple product its a waste of your hard earned money i use a archos gemini which has a 20gb storage plays video in most formats including mpeg4 has a good screen about same size as an ipod mini a lil bit heavy coz of the battry ive been using it since 5 months now havent had any problems yet and i love watching movies on it especially on a long flight just upload any 4-5 movies on it and off you go sound is of exceptional quality and one can play video on tv aswell with a cable which was supplied with it and to upload music or video one doesnt need any software just treat it as another harddrive and send it just works straight and simple plays almost all video n audio formats with a few exceptions so no need to convert u r files before transfering just straight from ares 🙂 as far as phones are concerned i dont think its a good idea to buy a phone for music (what are mp3 players for ?) most phones only have suffecient memory for about 5-6 songs which isint good enough some phones support memory cards up to 128mb which is again not good enough i am waiting for a phone which would have atleast a 5gb memory or atleast 1gb to stop using my mp3 player i use an LG 8138 which serves the purpose of pressing the red and green button (after all thats what u need in a mobile phone besides the number keys ha ha ha ) and i use a motorola 920 which is a bit too big so i dont use it too often n series Nokia's are a waste of money if you wanna play games buy a xbox or play station or play pc games nseries nokia phones suck bigtime its too much money for the features they have 🙁 i cant afford it 🙁

i have a Ipod gifted to me by my cousins....... works fine... but then still feel that might eb a waste of money as Parminder ji says... if u r looking at a jazzy life stlye then fine go for it.. well i also believe in a gizmo freaking Lifestyle... but then want the things to be perfect at the same time.. Using a motorola E398 ...amazing speaker phone and MP# speaker clarity... with the headphones also it is just toooooooo good........ Compared to Nokia 3830 speaker phone motorola E398 is way beyond that... Nokia phones camera clarity is horrible.. i just dont like them.. u want to see the snap that i have taken from this phone let me know.. will put it here and then u guys can judge urself.. Sony Erricson i feel is all cost and no quality and satisfaction... didnt like the phones lauched.. the models also look kinda weird and uncomfortable...

For those who forgot, the N91 comes with 4GB microdrive and an impressive battery life. And for the SonyEricsson handsets, they might look weird to some people, but have you thought in this way : "Stay ahead in the crowd". It's the weirdness that counts for some to achieve the above. Besides, SE handsets are dirt cheap when compared with its performance/flaunt value/features, according to my experience !"Proud to be a SE user" - agnivo007.