Cyberghost VPN Premium (3 Months) Giveaway

• Thread starter Thread starter rj27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 9,526
bypassing what kind of blocks?

iPredator is down right now. Using this. Torrent speeds do not appear to be at par with iPredator. Or maybe it's just the time of the day. Hard to say.

Regional limitations for some websites and the dirty tricks that ISPs / Courts here keep playing every now and then.

i dont remember the last site i was unable to visit

^^ Good for you.

Those who lookout for a free VPN or proxy would find it as a better alternative, plus in the end it's not costing anything. Also routing to many sites offered by these premium VPNs is better than the ISP routing. A few sites I visit ping around 290-340ms on ISP while through VPN with UK servers the ping comes in the range of 180-190ms giving better browsing/streaming experience.

I'm not recommending it for a 24x7 use to someone. It's a free giveaway, if someone likes it he'll take it, else he would just walk away. Also it's one of the least preferred vpn IMO with a really sleazy client, still it does it's work.

Ok i gave this a try.

I'm getting ridiculous pings 500ms when connected to this VPN, U.S IP i think. (keeps changing)

turned off, back to normal 40ms

this problem wasnt there on ipredator

Woohooa, who says this is better than Ipredator or any other VPN. It's one of the lowest rated vpn among the paid alternatives since most of the their servers are crowded enough.

VPN is not a magic wand that will take a packet in a flash to any location of the world, it still has to follow the basic rules of the routing of networks. If you are connected to a US vpn IP and trying to ping an Indian/nearby SG ip or for that matter your own IP your are bound to get a 500-600 ms ping for the very reason that the request will first go to us server (250-300ms) and then travel back (250-300ms). There is no such magic that a us ip server will give you less than 40 ms.

You'll have to first understand the basic logic of vpn. It's useful sometimes in cases where your ISP routing or a sites routing is f**ked up to some US /France/NL hosting servers. Most of the ISPs here have good routing to London in my observation and going through a london server or an NL server has given me better results. Results vary from person to person and according to one;s need.

I'm not here to promote or force you or anyone else to use it or prove that one benefits from it in anyway. Hell I'm not even going to use it myself much since I already have a couple of better alternatives. Apart from that this is not a VPN comparison thread.

Give mullvad a try too. They've got a free 3 hour no restrictions demo.
I get good latency on mullvad. But then, mtnl routing is pretty good, so YMMV!

LOL..... It's a 48 hours giveway so I guess they are adding more keys. There were 5000 to begin with and by the time I found and registered only 3000 something were left. Their servers are gonna be up for hammering in coming days I guess.

one of the most pathetic vpns ever

blocked my steam ability to gift games to others (had to contact customer support to get it rectified)
low pings
load pages got slow

uninstalled.

Steam probably checks for vpns and proxies as a safeguard for fraud. Cannot blame the VPN service providers for that.