Downstream Increased

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 7,330
@Tekky, u might wanna call up CC at 4444555 to enquire about the 2mb plans 😛

hmm ok

i get 2x by 10 pm... i have to disconnect n then reconnect as i use bridge mode... no restart of modem required....

QUOTE(Ziegfield @ Mar 7 2007, 12:46 PM) [snapback]82418[/snapback]
Ok, I got an update on this as well. Some users are going to be facing this issue with manually having to reboot the modem to get double speeds at night. Profile upgrades are currently underway at the NOCs and local nodes, which will be followed by new plans and upgraded speeds (read my other post). So anyone who has seen upgrades in downstream rates in their admin profiles will probably be affected by this issue for a little while more -- could be a day, could be a few days, until they have upgraded and tested the new tech. ADSL2+ was also disabled in my profile settings btw, and I was told by the engineers that this is because the new stuff they are testing to introduce IPTV soon is not compatible with ADSL2+ ... curiouser and curiouser ...[/b]

After checking for couple of days, i have realised that you are probabaly right. I have had to reboot the modem after 11 PM to get double speeds ever since the downstream sync rate was increased to 2560.

I don't have to restart my modem for 2x speeds and today I got it without restarting. Yesterday was the only day I missed it though!

Has this night double speed stuff been officially announced by airtel? I tried rebooting my modem after 11 pm didn't help. I get the same speed day and night....Am I the only one in Bangalore not experiencing night speed double or what? And is there any way we unfortunate few could also enjoy this night double speed ? any suggestions?.....really frustrated with my 25 kbps speed connection. NDTV profit aired a program on WIMAX Delhi, day before yesterday...it was a test trial of WIMAX, the anchor was given the equipment and he experienced speeds of around 700 Kbps at home and in his car around 300 Kbps. The company people said that the speeds would go up once it's fully functional (something like 7 Mbps, which the anchor doubted)....but there was no talk about the limits or caps! It was a recorded Jan 2007 program, and in that it was said that Delhi users would be able to experience WIMAX by end Jan 2007...it's march now and nothing seems to be happening?Today times of India bangalore edition carried an article “Bangalore unwired mired in red tape” .i cant find the online link to it. It talks abt the WIMAX plans in Bangalore and how it has got stuck in the bureacratic tangle (becuse i remember having read sometime back that Bangalore would be WIMAX enabled by jan 2007).... I guess it's the same with the Delhi WIMAX case. When will all these govt jokers come to their senses. 🤔

@ gabruputt night double speeds are not available in all the areas in India. We in NCR are lucky to have double speeds. I am not sure about all the other regions but as far as i know in Bangalore night double speed is applicable only to the Home 699/128 kbps unlimited plan and not for home 999 256 kbp plan :wacko: I don't know what is stopping Airtel to provide the same plans for all the users. Maybe in Bangalore their priority is providing bandwidth to corporate sector, so maybe that is why they aren't giving double speeds for 256 kbps plan.

the fact is 2x speed is not available for unlimited plans....people in north are lucky enough to get it...

am in gurgaon. have 2 unlimited connections. we do get speeds touching 50-60K sometimes.

I do get the double speed at night.But from 2-3 days ago,a strange thing is happening.After exactly one hour,the speeds drop to the normal level.If i restart the modem,the double speeds come again for exactly one hour.Any suggestions why this is happening???

My downstream too is at 2560 now. No change in speeds whatsoever. The browsing at times seems a bit slow. No problems with double speeds at night though, automatically doubles at 11 and stays so till 7.

There is nothing like double speed at night for any tarriff plan herein karnataka. I have the Home 999 plan with 256 UL and my neighbour has 699 UL and we see no change in speeds at night.I guess everything good that Airtel has to offer like the night double speed and higher downstreams are happening to the North. Whilewe in the south get the short end of the stick.

My Up/Dn streams still the same. 265/512 🙁. i'm in gurgaon.Any gurgoan guys with speed increase ?