Netflix on ACT not working?

ACT Broad band is now using a proxy in between which breaks the flow of logic for the SmartDNS systems and does not allow us to play Netflix. I have already registered a complaint at ACT saying that I want the proxy to be immediately removed for my account as Netflix is one of the major reasons for my broadband connection.

To confirm this for your ACT account please visit : WhatIsMyProxy.com - Your proxy server and internet connection in detail

Thanks,
Ashish

Thanks Ashish. I have raised a complaint too. I hope they fix this issue soon.

@broadband.act Can you please get this sorted out soon? If it is not fixed, I will have to move to other service provider soon. If this doesn't work, no point in sticking to ACT as I use Netflix very often. Now that you are counting uploads too in FUP, there is no advantage of using ACT if these issues are not sorted out soon.

Last edited:
For the sake of getting this resolved soon, am also posting my complaint id : @broadband.act complaint number is 0002347548. Please also get this issue sorted out for my ACT ID. Am using a 50MBPS 250GB plan for the sole purpose of Netflix and if i do not see a solution soon no point in sticking to ACT. I have already called 3 times and hoping to see a positive reply soon.

Thanks,
Ashish

Act broadband has again implemented the proxy server on my ID. How difficult is it to service a simple request? Bunch of assholes with pea sized brains running Act I guess. Raising a complain again.

I am having the same issue. I don't get a public IP either. I can still watch netflix using UnoTelly DNS service. You could try that option incase ACT is unable to fix it.

I ran to similar issues with Cherrinet, on calling the support wrt proxy server now I can hop many Netflix region without any issues on my PC/Mobile
but my Samsung Smart TV Netflix app just doesn't load, it freezes to black screen after selecting the profile(on ISP/Google DNS/Smart DNS)
have tried resetting Smart Hub/TV to factory defaults/turn off instant start but still no cigar. Samsung people have washed their hands off given it works on my other Airtel connection.
Any one faced this? Isp guys are at their wits end given Netflix works on Chrome Desktop/Android phone/Ipad and I could hop regions on these.

Ask for private static IP from ACT. That should fix Netflix issue.

Now Netflix itself is blocking smart dns based services

guess I haven't explained it better, I have no issues region hopping, getting the static ip fixed that issue, got full hd on Windows 10 Netflix app/Android mobile running Canada region
but Samsung TV Netflix app freezes even on ISP DNS or Google DNS basically I can't access Netflix India or any other region on my Samsung TV. I could select my profile, browse the library but whenever I try to play a video, screen draws black and freezes.