I need to know what gaming under 340558 ms feels like

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Reliance
I have a reliance broadband connection which performs quite like infrared or a potato at most times. When I'm lucky, it is able to behave in a manner reminiscent of good ol' 56 kbps dial-up.
I have fought wars and braved relentless life-talks with higher moral authorities to maintain my right to play video games. When that video game feels like a replay to check whether the ball really hit the bat as it flew to the keeper, all my efforts seem futile and it makes me think of my life and the direction it is heading in.

It is with such heavy burdens on my mind that I am requesting any and every kind soul on these forums to direct me towards actual broadband (not potato). All i want from this short life is to experience the joy that comes with slaying strangers over the internet. And i want to do this under 100 ms if possible.
I don't minding spending up to INR 1200 a month. I don't care about speed as much as i do about stability and low pings (remember, actual broadband and not potato).
My current plan is 1 mbps @ 599 a month and for some reason, the guys at Reliance are telling me that it is not possible to upgrade to higher speeds at my location as their so-called 'infrastructure' can only support 1 Mbps connection for the time being.
Once again, I cry out in anguish and despair and request, nay I BEG someone to help me out in getting a better connection. I reside in Baner, Pune currently. OMGPLSHELPITSACTINGLIKEAPOTATOAGAIN

Edit: Please don't suggest Airtel (thieves) , BSNL (almost potato), Tata Docomo or YOU telecom(no feasibility).

Check Tikona, Hathway, and local cable operators

I really am only of the few who sort of get optimal speeds and pings on Reliance Broadband 😀

AND,for gaming you should probably go with Airtel. Pick a cheaper plan. Their routing is good I suppose.

I am not a gamer and I am on Reliance. Speeds are >80%. Pings are good enough for what I do online. If Reliance was being a bitch like it is for you, I would just dump it and go for the next best option. Like what I did with Airtel 1.5 years ago and BSNL 1.5 months ago.

Yeah, and airtel is your best bet for pings. I haven't shifted away from them yet cause of that. My PS3 works perfectly online.

<100ms is only possible for asia. for europe its usually 100-200ms. airtel aint robbing you forcefully. they provide a service and have predefined charges for it. it may be expensive or whatever but aren't being forced at gunpoint!

With Airtel, I have never faced a problem with their speeds or latency as such. The reason I branded them as thieves was because of the following:

I had a 256 kbps connection in 2010. I used it for six months. The bill for every month was duly paid before the last date, I have receipts to show for it. At the end of the 6th month, just before paying the last bill, I requested that my service be terminated. Their guy came over and completed the procedure. Everything going according to plan right?
Well, I received a bill for the next month too! I was quite annoyed and called them to rectify this issue. The Airtel guys assured me that they would look into the matter. I continued to recieve a bill for 2 more months after that. The total came up to something around INR 4000. This is 4000 Rs they were demanding for a service that they had come and terminated themselves.
I got a call from some goons saying a case had been filed and i was to report to the court in DELHI. I HAVE ONLY SEEN DELHI IN ABHISHEK BACCHAN /SONAM KAPOOR MOVIES . I AM NOT LEAVING MY CITY TO GO FIGHT WITH TELECOM GOONS.

PLEASE READ THIS IS THE BEST PART: I called back airtel and told them about these court summonings. I had a document which clearly states that the service has been terminated. The reply they gave me was what made me swear never to use their services again (yea i even got vodafone on my cell) : "Sir, aapka case to hamare recovery agents ke paas gaya hai. Ab ham kuch nahi kar sakte" which basically translates to "your case is with our recovery agents, we cannot do anything about it".

Looks like I have to deal with this shitty internet till Google or Poonam Pandey decides to save us.

lol tikona also uses this tactic of recovering dues , after termination and not paying bills you will get calls from tikona saying case has been filled and you must come . Many incidents have been reported like this by tikona users , i am pretty sure some tikona users from here must have faced this as well .

Status
Not open for further replies.