Getting Bad Speeds All Day On Mtnl Triband Nu?

• Thread starter Thread starter aseembehl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,665

aseembehl

ISP
MTNL
Since last week I have been having problems with my MTNL triband 590 NU Internet connection. It takes too much time to connect and when it does it connects only at a speed of 64kbps. I have been calling MTNL people, they came to my place to check but everything is fine here according to them, they have also checked for any problems at there end and couldn't find any problems there too.

This is what my ADSL status page shows:
Code:
__________________Downstream                    UpstreamData Rate             64kbps                               256kbps
Are any of you guys having the same problem. Any suggestions to help me out of this would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Aseem

that's bad!!!nothing like that here...synced at 288 kbps now, thankfully 😀

Hi there,Do you have the MTNL Primary and Secondary DNS server addresses set in your network connection' TCPIP properties? My connection was slow and sluggish as well, but once I made the DNS setting its been working very well.Hope it helps!

thats not a DNS problem..most probably u have been synced incorrectly ie the download data rate should be 256 kbps or 288 kbps.

The primary.secondary DNS configuration is correct.I used to get 288kbps downstream but then it dropped to 256kbps and now to 64kbps, and these MTNL people are not able to fix it.

i think someone synced u at that speed by mistake when downgrading ppl from 2 mbps...so just tell them that...as downgrading is done manually, i think 🤔

Does it happen everytime???? cuase mine to went to 128kbps once....had to restart the modem and eveything was fine then.....

if its dropping then becoming normal on restart then its a line prob..lot of distrurbance on line..whereas if the Line parameters are good but still sync rate is less then it indicates incorrect syncing at DSLAM (exchange)

Contact the General Manager at your local exchange and get the problem rectified asap. You could try resetting your modem, but I highly doubt that would help.