• Thread starter Thread starter netfreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,328

netfreak

Regulars
ISP
Airtel GPRS EDGE + VSNL
We have reached out to this customer to attempt to directly resolve the issue. In an effort to provide the best possible service to all of our customers, Comcast maintains an Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), which is outlined in our user agreement. Generally speaking, 99.99% of our customers use the service as intended, which includes using it to download and share video, photos and other rich-media.

Customers who are notified of excessive usage typically consume more than 100 times the average national Comcast bandwidth usage. Illustrative examples of such usage on a monthly basis would include: sending or receiving 256,000 photos, downloading 30,000 songs, sending or receiving 13 million e-mails. In the rare instance that a customer violates this policy, Comcast proactively contacts the customer via phone to work with them and address the issue, or select a more appropriate Comcast product.

Comcast values the business of all of our high-speed Internet customers and we continuously strive to maintain the integrity of our network. We apologize for any miscommunication that this customer may have received about this process.[/b]

http://www.consumerist.com/consumer/comcas...-use-236149.php

i think verizon has just clarified that their unlimited connections does have a theoritical limit of 200 Gigs a month. after that they either throttle the connection or contact the customer with a warning.

oh yes i am using hotwire and it has a limit of 99 gb per month hehehe but i am on a 96kbps connection even if i use it 24/7 i wouldnt cross 20 gb

I'm not at all surprised by this. Just about a few days back i read an article in ET. The article quoted Google as saying that " the internet was never developed for TV" and that the ever increasing bandwidth requirements are putting tremendous pressure on ISPs as they already spend massive money on upgrading their systems to stay competitive. The article also talked about cable and DTH companies being nervous about their future due to the ever increasing number of people who watch TV on the internet.

Internet is growing at a phenomenal rate and broadband convergence is looking a likely scenario but it is going to require a lot of investments in the infrastructure and it will be a major threat to cable , dth , motion pictures and even broadcasters as any particular movie or programme can be uploaded on the internet which will result in losses to the rights holder. And for this reason i feel the internet is not far away from being regulated and don't be surprised if it does happen.

why would anyone download something like 100 GB a month ...that is some serious internet addiction.

heh. 100 Gigs is nothing if you can download at close to 1 MBps... 🙂