• Thread starter Thread starter torrentbhai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,188

torrentbhai

Regular
ISP
MTNL 749NU PLAN
hi am from south delhi and going for new mtnl connection.have planned for 256 unlimited/night UNlimited+1gb planam buying a modem on my own..need suggestions to save on installation charges especially the telephone bare minimum charges that they charge for every month. i do not see any point as i will not be using the line for phone calls..not opting for airtel coz they do not have service in my area.suggestions please

My experience has been bad with MTNL so far.Here's how1) I booked on 22 Dec but after numerous phone calls and visits got it activated on 9th JAn2) 24 hrs of downtime twice from local exchange in amonth3) 2-3 1-2 hrs of downtimes, courtsey local exchange4)Speeds during day fluctuate widely.....averaging to around 128 kbps5)Billing issues, I applied under 1st month rent free scheme, still got 1st month rental charged......issue still pendingThis is what I have to say and I am based in Delhi

i am from mumbai.currently, faced downtime only once that too, due to old wires.problem solved in mere 1 hr.i an say my experince has been good.about the modem, i had bought my own modem.

My experience with MTNL has been far better than any other ISP that i have used in India..Its not the ultimate that one could ask for but its better than the rest...Andhon main kaana raja 😛

QUOTE(torrentguru @ Feb 13 2007, 12:38 AM) [snapback]79630[/snapback]
hi
am from south delhi and going for new mtnl connection.
have planned for 256 unlimited/night UNlimited+1gb plan

am buying a modem on my own..

need suggestions to save on installation charges especially the telephone bare minimum charges that they charge for every month. i do not see any point as i will not be using the line for phone calls..

not opting for airtel coz they do not have service in my area.

suggestions please[/b]

Check out my experience @ http://socrates0.blogspot.com/2005/09/mtnl...d-n-mumbai.html 🙂

QUOTE(cyberwiz @ Feb 13 2007, 08:57 PM) [snapback]79710[/snapback]
Andhon ke kaana raja 😛[/b]

stealing my words??? :lol:

QUOTE(torrentguru @ Feb 13 2007, 12:38 AM) [snapback]79630[/snapback]
am buying a modem on my own..

suggestions please[/b]

i wud'nt do that.......rent is 50 pm only, for a router frm mtnl....plus lifetime free maintenance.....quite a nice package yaar.

I am in DelhiHere's mine1) I got a connection and triband within 10 days.2) No downtime in 5 months or so.3) Rented the modem, got it changed once as I though that modem was faulty and the engineer didnt know much either. Later realised my ethernet card was faulty.4)Speeds approx 210-220 kBps. Max d/l 27 kBps

My suggestion -If you have a relative in MTNL, or you can scare the MTNL guys by showing your authority, you won't have any problems in getting a connection. Otherwise you're name will be enlisted in a queue, and you'll get a connection after at least 20 days. As for the connection, first buy a limited connection, ask them to give you 2 Mbps speed, and after a month, get your plan changed to NU. That way you can have NU with 2 Mbps. Believe me, they won't remember to degrade your speed 😉 .

If u want a connection fast apply online..i got mine within 2 dayz..link is in the imp links section