Connection Hangs If Computer Left On Too Long!

• Thread starter Thread starter wildseid
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,111

wildseid

Ok Ive been having this problem for a while now. If I leave my computer on for more than 3-4 hours without any activity then Internet stops working. The modem shows all lights OK but it doesnt work till I restart. Sometimes if I right click the lan icon and click 'repair' then the net comes back to life again, but most of the times I have to restart.Its really irritating of course and Airtel has no clue whatsoever !Doesn anyone know what to do ?Thanks much!

Happens with me. All I do is switch off the modem for around 10 seconds and turn it back on and its gone.

This is a modem issue, this happens on my 128k line when i use rb comtel modem but the problem goes away when i use beetel 100cx on the same line, on my 256k line both modems work without any problem.I think some modems arent compatible with hardware used on some DSLAMs, you should get your modem changed.

For me when i was using RB Comtec USB modem my comp would hang/restart every 2 hours....After i started using Ethernet modem the problem no longer exists 🙂

That only happens when you are running a p2p app with too many connections ( in RB comtel), if you change your encapsulation from the default PPPoE to PPPoA then your computer wont crash/restart.

this is nt the modem issue.....i also had this prob...it is coz of the fluctuation of the lights or the switching on/off of the lites of the room.....then i switched to win 2000 and now only the connection lite in my taskbar hangs bt not the connection.i m using 220 bx on usb.