Need advice regarding Alliance Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter arko
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,474
ISP
Siti Broadband
Right now I am using Siti Broadband. 1mbps daytime and 2 mbps night speed. and peering speed 30~100 mbps in torrents. I consume about ~250 gb a month (non peering traffic).
I can see in Alliance's website they have 3mbps day and 8mbps night plan. I was wondering if anyone here who has experince with alliance.
I would like to know
1. Do they throttle speed?
2. Any hidden FUPs?
3. Does speed actually reach 8 mbps?
4. How high does peering speed go?
5. How many torrents have peering in them?
6. How is their customer support minus the LCO part?

1. Not in day time. Night time, yes but in some areas.
2. No
3. Yes, but as mentioned in the first point, it depends on your area
4. As high as mentioned on your plan detail
5. Limited, only the popular ones. But it should be much higher than Siti, as number of users are high in Alliance
6. Good

1. Do they throttle speed?
A : No , you will get exactly as given in your plan , for the night 1-3am you will get 60% of the speed promised , then from 3-9am you will get full speed as on the plan. Some says that some areas do throttle speeds but not in my case.
2. Any hidden FUPs?
A : No
3. Does speed actually reach 8 mbps?
A : Yes , 8.1 / 8.2 mbps to be exact , you will get 0.1/0.2 extra on each speed mentioned and speed is stable.
4. How high does peering speed go?
A : As mentioned on plan , sometimes they do have slow speeds on not so popular torrents but then also its ok as of me.
5. How many torrents have peering in them?
A : Most of the things you need, Alliance has largest peering network in Kolkata as far as I know .. Much Much higher than Siti , PMPL (meghbela) , Wishnet.They added more 4 new peering servers in the last month as far I got news from inside.

6. How is their customer support minus the LCO part?
A : Good , but LCO support is needed if there is any so-called slow speed issue in some areas , as I was getting slow torrent speeds and slow surfing few months back.. They were not solving it as it was a major issue of my particular line.Got it solved when my LCO contacted hub, earlier they were not solving via complaints via call.