• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,050
Status
Not open for further replies.

netant

۩ ŚŧäГЏЅ ΞПЖ
ISP
as airtel is proving himself impotent :angry: in service/speed/prise war i want to switch to tata as i cant trust bsnl....... govt. thingi always suX. so no risk.

does any one here using 512 unlimited by tata?
how are there services? whats promise:reality ratio?

im in begumpet, hyderabad.

else suggest me some other ISP, following are avilable in my locality.
1.sify
2.hathway.
3.Bsnl
4.tata
5. you tele
6.*uckin airtel

hathway is ok..getting 50-55 http download speed but the latency in line(sometime above 400) not letting me to play online games, p2p & torrent ports are blocked 😱 .

c&c welcome asap

All those using might not be able to post because of the downtime 😛

Go for either http://www.beamcablesystem.com/ or BSNL DATAONE, I have been using both for more than a year and without any downtime. Previously I had TATA Indicom that really sucks and they will ensure that will suck every bit of you, Better be away from these bastards. Read all review on Mouthshut.com. But pls pls pls get away from these useless company. BSNL has changed itself qquite a lot and it's very safe, honest and reliable Organisation now. Try it you, typical download speed I get from BSNL is 145 KBPS and it's (2MBPS, basic package)

QUOTE(sattu @ Feb 12 2007, 12:28 AM) [snapback]79501[/snapback]
Go for either http://www.beamcablesystem.com/ or BSNL DATAONE, I have been using both for more than a year and without any downtime. Previously I had TATA Indicom that really sucks and they will ensure that will suck every bit of you, Better be away from these bastards. Read all review on Mouthshut.com. But pls pls pls get away from these useless company. BSNL has changed itself qquite a lot and it's very safe, honest and reliable Organisation now. Try it you, typical download speed I get from BSNL is 145 KBPS and it's (2MBPS, basic package)[/b]

where ru exactly located ..begumpet? do beam cable 've connectivity in my area?
what about downloading from torrent or p2p in beam?

i liked the pic in signature...and yes i wud recommend bsnl. even though its govt company. it hardly goes down.

NetAnt wrotedoes any one here using 512 unlimited by tata?
how are there services?...[/b]
I've been using a TataIndicom connection (256 kbps unlimited) for a little over 6 months now
Their connection speeds are quite constant (around 31 kbytes +/- 2-3kBytes). The speeds don't go over your given package speed. - their prices are a little on the costly side though i feel. This new year their prices have been reduced but they are still expensive though in my opinion (now its 1123 for 1 month unlimited, & 6061 for 6 months).

Depending on your personal type of internet usage (like what applications & functionality you use) it could affect you , & turn into a Nightmare like mine. - like if its some functionality in an app that you would use daily or often.
they block incoming connections on ports & this cripples certain functionality in applications. - like certain features in filesharing applications may be crippled because of this depending on how the application has implemented its features.
in my case it was Irc. - talking with their personnel at the Call centre about this was like talking to a Wall. - 6 months have passed & the issue is still completely unresolved. I had a Prepaid account & couldn't do anything about it. -After this month
if they don resolve it I will have to change.

sattu wrote Previously I had TATA Indicom that really sucks and they will ensure that will suck every bit of you, Better be away from these bastards.[/b]
they sure do. - they milk the situation for all its worth . their margins are probably pretty good & don't forget about all those times people are not using their connection, they are saving again there.

Try it you, typical download speed I get from BSNL is 145 KBPS and it's (2MBPS, basic package)[/b]

What's the lowest speed you get ?

I'm wary of connections that fluctuate a lot because of bad experiences in the past. - I'd rather have lesser peak speeds than having the connection move at snailpace at anytime.

145kbytes sounds awesome though 🙂

redsun
-

So, you're telling me they block incoming ports so you can't use programs like Bittorrent and Emule???I am also trying to move to TATA because of their 512kbps unlm plan, but these are the 2 p2p progies I use...

QUOTE(params7 @ Feb 24 2007, 02:13 PM) [snapback]81025[/snapback]
So, you're telling me they block incoming ports so you can't use programs like Bittorrent and Emule???[/b]
Yup they block incoming connections on the ports, & all features connected to that functionality, in an applicatoin will obviously be crippled. I don't know if they have different implementations around the place... but if its like mine then that's what will happen.
On IRC if incoming connections are blocked am unable to do things like Send a file or initiate a DCC chat & some other things; but i would be able to Receive Files usually. - I've tried emule very long time back & i think they have info on the repercussions of using such a type of crippled connection. you may be able to d/load but only from some people ..also, I don't think others would be able to d/load from you(double check this emule info on their pages.. things might have changed). - In Winmx(which is kind of dead now) I know there'd be a number of issues, from not being able to dload from certain people to getting much less results to your search queries etc. - Consequences of this just depends from applicaton to application.

read my last post in this thread for details related to this topic

After paying them what you will be for a 512kbps connection you shouldn't not have any such issues .
If you do plan to use their service, rather than take a 6 month account or something,..i'd advice you to try it just for 1 month & make sure all the funcionality you'll ever need is there..- Or better still ask them to guarantee this functionality before you take the connection!
At the end of 6 months things are as they were when i started complaining at the beginning, without anything done. I had paid for 6 months ...so nothing i could do about it.

I've used various providers before & usually could always send files on IRC - when i did have a prob they usually solved it in like 30 min at the most
Also just so you know its usually not easy to talk to a real technical person, you usually deal with the call centre.

-

I heard that even without port-forwarding the 512 UL connection gives around 50-60kbps constant download speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.