Vista Drivers For Mt882

• Thread starter Thread starter wanderer16
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 7,350

wanderer16

I just installed Windows Vista dual booting with XP. I am having prob with MT882 modem. Old drivers are not working with vista. Can somebody suggest me updated usb drivers for MT882 as Lan drivers are working well, but I donn't wnat to use it.Thanks

You can connect it thru ethernet, & change settings thru its web-interface, to make it behave like a PPPoE modem.Thereafter, no drivers reqd on any OS. Just connect thru ethernet, create a connection & get connected! (works in all mac/linux/windows)I've been doing this myself, much easier & reliable.If you're interested, i'll post instructions of how to do it, but if i post details, you must be certain of trying it out & post back in this topic, about whether it worked or not.

QUOTE(prathapml @ Feb 11 2007, 04:43 PM) [snapback]79435[/snapback]
You can connect it thru ethernet, & change settings thru its web-interface, to make it behave like a PPPoE modem.
Thereafter, no drivers reqd on any OS. Just connect thru ethernet, create a connection & get connected! (works in all mac/linux/windows)
I've been doing this myself, much easier & reliable.

If you're interested, i'll post instructions of how to do it, but if i post details, you must be certain of trying it out & post back in this topic, about whether it worked or not.[/b]

Thanks but my problem was sorted out with a little trick 🙂.

QUOTE(prathapml @ Feb 17 2007, 03:55 AM) [snapback]80232[/snapback]
Would you care to mention what that trick was? 🙄[/b]
Well mine setup was going smoothly and said that Modem was installed successfully, but the setup was still going on and on and after few minutes it said that modem can't be installed properly. This happened for few times. Then I rebooted the PC when it just said that modem was insatlled successfully and on reboot, modem was installed properly. So don't let setup go beyond the point when it says modem was installed properly.
Hope it will work for everyone

heh vista is definitely weird! 😛

prathapml - can you please advise on the step by step procedure for installing MT882 on windows vista premium - am stuck with the same problem and am not being able to resolve it. Thanks,KD