• Views Views 4,441

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Airtel might soon launch their 2 mbps plans
A member of the India Broadband Forum has posted a PowerPoint presentation file which seems to be made for Airtel’s internal usage.
The file seems to have information on possible upcoming 2 mbps speed plans from the company. Airtel needs to do something on this front to take [...]

http://broadbandforum.co/624/airtel-2-mbps-plans/

Well this is to be expected... they are not going to give 2mbps unlimited... But the hope is that they should upgrade the speed from 256kbps to 512kbps (maybe 1 mbps at night?).

That would be cool vebmental. But i sure hope they launch new unlimited plans with 2mbps speed at the very least.And they should also upgrade the current speeds all the users for free

QUOTE(vebmetal @ Feb 11 2007, 01:53 PM) [snapback]79417[/snapback]
Well this is to be expected... they are not going to give 2mbps unlimited... But the hope is that they should upgrade the speed from 256kbps to 512kbps (maybe 1 mbps at night?).[/b]
Thats the only thing we are asking for! AIRTEL, IF YOU READ THIS PLEASE PLEASE UPGRADE ALL THE 256kbps UL USERS TO 512kbps UL + 1mbps at night T__T

Lets hope for something by the 15th of Feb!

Airtel could be all set to introduce new plans. I got a confirmation from their marketing team. But looks like they have screwed the unlimited users on the deal. They didnt confirm anything for the unlimited users.

well they have no reasons to do anything for the unlimited package users. they just have to match what BSNL/MTNL is offering. the weird thing for BSNL/MTNL is that some of the unlimited package users are getting 1-2 mbps speeds.now, would the AIRTEL limited data transfer package users would get unlimited downlaods at night time?

Spoke to them again and this time they said they do have something for the unlimited users and will declare it this month end. Strange thing is that every time i speak to a different agent, they have different versions of the story.

QUOTE(dips0502 @ Feb 11 2007, 11:54 PM) [snapback]79499[/snapback]
Spoke to them again and this time they said they do have something for the unlimited users and will declare it this month end. Strange thing is that every time i speak to a different agent, they have different versions of the story.[/b]

it is good that they tell u... its called marketing... but other ISPs refuses or blaming on bsnl services only.....

good news... but airtel definitely do something and i think they r waiting for new broadband policy in budget 2007......

What a pity the *actual* Powerpoint file was not made available on some P2P network!!!

Well, on quick browsing i saw no mention of *UNLIMITED* whatsoever in there, just 2Mbps with tiny quota and excess charges to be paid.

So i'm not too impressed and not very hopeful that 256k unlimited will be increased.

However, as we had expected, the company seems to have no plan to launch unlimited data transfer plans with 2 mbps speeds.[/b]

Airtel better doesn't screw up the unlimited users.. but with Night Unlimited from 9PM to 8AM I guess the data limits can stay there but speeds need to be consistent and as TRAI says... they should provide atleast 80% of the speed promised... So we can expect downloads upto 1.6Mbps during night times... Well but I'll be damn happy if Airtel comes up with 512Kbps Unlimited Plans... Lets wait n watch...!!!

they already just provide 50% of promised speeds. so they are breaking that regulation already.

Amuthan, there is nothing called Night Unlimited in Bangalore. If there was I wouldnt mind the shit data transfer limit as long as I know i can download unlimited at certain times. For some reason Airtel has decided not to offer night unlimited to Bangalore users. Lets see if they provide it with the 2 mbps plans. If they dont, i am very inclined to take reliance's unlimited plan and downgrade Airtel to any Rs 250 plan. Reason for keeping Airtel would be to see their IPTV plan. IF that sucks too , then screw Airtelwhat speed is 80 percent of upto 2 mbps ?