Roaming to be made free soon.

aviral sangal

Senior
ISP
Tikona
Since the license for the Delhi circle are going to expire in the month of November 2014 and the new universal granted to the telecom operator makes it mandatory to not have roaming charges so its just matter of few months before we say bye bye to roaming

From the topic,i thought roaming was going to be banned...like no network if you are away from Home..phew!!
anyways good news!!

V0LCANO619 said:
From the topic,i thought roaming was going to be banned...like no network if you are away from Home..phew!!
anyways good news!!
I thougth the same

better for people who would move from one circle to another, they would be able to retain their original number
and won't incur fee for accepting calls.
eg: anyone from Delhi Shifts to Bangalore would be able to retain and use his primary number
without the need to buy another SIM in Bangalore.
Better for Operators as they would have greater customer retention chances when customer is changing circle.'
as its technically and realistically not possible to instantly update all your known ones with new number.

Edit: Thanks Deleted Member 7160 for correcting me

So November is just a few weeks away,
Does anyone has more info about "End of Roaming Charges" ?

I might move to NCR by year end, so my first preference would be to retain our 6 phone numbers which are 10 years or more old.

Vodafone and Airtel seem to be busy complaining about the delayed allocation of spectrum, this, clause, if it does exist, doesn't seem to have been pointed out yet. fwiw, if you're on rcom, switch to the roam-free plans. Though, people in NCR would still need to pay STD charges to call you..